If you have American Express READ THIS

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Meya, mrrob is right, don't get caught up with the hype. It's just another credit card.
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Meya,
believe me, eventually you will get anAMEX card. The way it worked for me was I started with their secured card (no longer offered). I kept that for about 18 months, then they unsecured that card (Optima) and gave me a limit of $500. After about a year they approved me for the Green charge card (paid in full every month). Once I kept that card for a year then it was pretty much any card that I wanted. I ended up with the AMEX Platinum, Delta skymiles Platinum and the Jet Blue card. I also carried the gold card for my business at the time. So just be patient eventually you will get it but then you will realize "whats the big deal it all has to be paid back" (LOL)
mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #17

Meya is too funny. Have you ever considered a profession in stand-up comedy? :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #18

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Awww Meya don't worry you will soon have your very own AMEX card
15 years 9 months ago #19

Meya, I tried the pre-approval site too and that's the message that I got even though I have 2 BOA cards. The best thing to do is to apply for one of their cards when you feel you're ready.
15 years 9 months ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Lets not forget what bofa will tell me]

[/B]

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online credit card offers at this time. This could be due to any number of reasons, including incomplete information, credit bureau availability, or your credit history.
However, you can take advantage of these other Bank of America product offerings to help you start or build your credit, save money or open an account]https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/images/photoicon_pf_securedcard.gif[/img]
Secured Credit Card
  • A great way to start or establish your credit
  • Qualify for as little as $300
  • Learn more

[/COLOR]
Keep the ChangeTM
  • Automatically save with each debit card purchase
  • We'll match 100% of your savings for the first 3 months
  • Learn more

[/COLOR]
Checking or Savings Accounts
15 years 9 months ago #21

I got caught up with the hype of having an AMEX card in my wallet and now I wish I didn't burn all those inquiries on trying to get one.

Just be glad that you do have an amex. I am not bragging on them the way I used to but I have not seen many young men (nore women) your age that posses one. I am old as saw dust and still can't get one. As a matter of fact I am about to go the preapproval site. Watch the results]1. Amex:**************** [/COLOR]
We are not able to provide you with any pre-approved Card offers at this time.

If you’re already a Cardmember, Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers.

If you are not a Cardmember, it is possible that]
[*]We were unable to locate your credit history.
[*]Our system may be down.
[*]You may have previously attempted to qualify for special Card offers within the last 30 days
[/LIST]While you do not qualify for special offers at this time, You may still apply for other Card offers. Click here to view all Cards or apply for one of our most popular offers below.

15 years 9 months ago #22

I only use my Delta Skymiles AMEX to keep the account open. I pay my Sparkletts water bill with it and that's all it will get for right now. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #23

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

I went from using Amex Blue quite often to quite minimal. I did pay it off, but I am only charging maybe $50 a month and paying it off. I did convert to the Clear card. I recieved something in the mail confirming it and got a packet about the terms.
15 years 9 months ago #24

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

I got caught up with the hype of having an AMEX card in my wallet and now I wish I didn't burn all those inquiries on trying to get one.

No worries hjm331 because hopefully AMEX will change their ways after they see how many complaints they are receiving. And how people are saying I no longer want this card.
15 years 9 months ago #25

I got caught up with the hype of having an AMEX card in my wallet and now I wish I didn't burn all those inquiries on trying to get one. :upset:
15 years 9 months ago #26

A small business owner who came through my job told me that AmEx and Discover charge a much higher processing fee than Visa and Mastercard, and she explained that a lot of businesses do not want to deal with all the hassles. I do'nt know if its exactly true but it would be a good reason.

I believe you because when I am out spending, the number one stickers on the window displays says "We accept Mastercard and Visa"
15 years 9 months ago #27

Prior to my mishap, I had a lot of cards including AMEX. Getting the cards were exciting at first but after you have had them for a while and used them, its no different than having a visa or MC. They all basically work the same, charge something and pay for it when you get the bill.
peace
mrrob

I guess it is just the rush to carry a certain card and the feeling of others knowing that if you carry a amex, the you must have nice credit.
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #28

I carry 2 Visa's, 1 MC, and an AMEX in my wallet. Having an AMEX isn't all that great.

Now you tell us!
15 years 9 months ago #29

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Prior to my mishap, I had a lot of cards including AMEX. Getting the cards were exciting at first but after you have had them for a while and used them, its no different than having a visa or MC. They all basically work the same, charge something and pay for it when you get the bill.
peace
mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #30