If you have American Express READ THIS

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Need advice on American Express Cards

You know what, I just have to say this, amex knows that this is an embarrasment to consumers. Ok, they will halt your spending so that they can verify your income right? They issue you a limit according to your credit worthiness right? Then they freeze the card until you can verify your income. This is what they should ask for when you are applying for the cad or during processing. The worst thing you can do is get a denial for a purchase using an amex card. People will stare at you worse and think bad thoughts about you through this incident more than they would if it was like a bofa or wellsfargo. :dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #121

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Need advice on American Express Cards

I doubt it. As long as it's issued by AMEX, then you will have to go through their rules.
15 years 10 months ago #122

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Need advice on American Express Cards

Ok guys, I have not heard anyone say these things about the clear blue. Does the clear blue have different criterias than the other amex's? e.g less red-flagged
15 years 10 months ago #123

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Need advice on American Express Cards

That is why I don't use Amex very much anymore. Maybe in another month or two I shall use it for something small. I don't think that the rewards are that great either.
15 years 10 months ago #124

Replied by hjm331 on topic AMEX isn't a lender to

AMEX isn't a lender to carry a balance with even if they allow you to do it because carrying large balances are leading to CLD's (credit line decreases) and/or closure of account by them. If you really want to have an AMEX, I suggest applying for a BofA or Citi AMEX. Citi has been doing some CLD's also lately so I would prefer BofA. I have the BofA AMEX card and it's a great card, I love it. Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #125

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I would do the questionare

I would do the questionare thing, if you have not done so. I have the Amex Blue card. Amex is picky and seems to be kind of moody. They want to see you pay your credit cards in full like their charge cards.
15 years 11 months ago #126

Replied by hjm331 on topic My suggestion to you is

My suggestion to you is that you apply for an AMEX Delta Skymiles card since it's the easiest AMEX to get and convert it to a Blue in 1 year. AMEX cards are very picky but it seems as if they are a little bit loose when it comes to Delta Skymiles approvals. Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #127

Replied by dorrian on topic Hi, I want to get

Hi, I want to get a rewards card and I hear that American Express has the best. I am unsure which to apply for and when. I am looking at the American Express blue card and the AE Delta SkyMiles card.

Currently my scores are as follows:
EQ: 683
EXP: 733
TU: 736

I have 4 ccards and have paid all of them off except one which has $1,800 on a $11,400 CL.

I have one deliquency on EQ and EXP for Oct. '06 (which was my old Apartments fault but I can't get it changed), this doesn't show up on TU.

Besides that I think it is fine. My credit report hasn't been updated since Feb '08 so it is old. It says negatives for me using over 25% of my CL. But I have lowered that significantly.

I just want to know if I have a chance and for which one or both (I want the miles, but the blue has a promotion of 15 months w/no apr, or if I should wait. Thanks! :)
15 years 11 months ago #128

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I just read the artical

I just read the artical and that is scarey that Amex did that. I just hope tha they don't do that with my Blue card.
16 years 1 week ago #129

Replied by saurabh on topic hi there my father uses AMEX

hi there
my father uses AMEX card and the link you provided is quite informative.It will be of great help.so, thanks a lot for the same.
16 years 1 week ago #130

Replied by hjm331 on topic Sophie, what's the name of

Sophie, what's the name of your AMEX card? I'm asking so I can let you know if you have to pay in full every month or not.
16 years 1 month ago #131

Replied by sophie on topic To be honest I am

To be honest I am not sure if I have a preset limit or not. I never needed to use it for a large purchase so I am not sure. I know that the whole bill is due on the specified date.

16 years 1 month ago #132

Replied by Meya on topic So I suppose you have

So I suppose you have "No Preset Limit Cards" Sophie?
16 years 1 month ago #133

Replied by sophie on topic I just keep mine as

I just keep mine as a way to make my credit good. I use it rarely because to me its like a debit card, I have to pay in full and I don’t like that.

16 years 1 month ago #134

Replied by Meya on topic Woe, woe, woe, slow it

Woe, woe, woe, slow it down sis and take a chill pill....here ya go! Now drink and swallow this high tidy to make you relax...lol.

Hey pam, my offense was not towards anyone who has someone paying their bills, I was just responding to hjm331 response. Everyone has their won way of doing things and I do NOT see anything wrong with what you are saying. You are sort of reminding me of what my grandma used to say but i will NOT repeat it on the board.....check your message box. I can only speak for myself and repeat my way of doing things, i can not change anyones normal routines. If hubby is paying the bills off for you, then hey, I have nothing bad to say about it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 months ago #135