Backdoor Numbers

Replied by ohwoody on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Well.....Ive had an Orchard Bank Platinum card for a right at a year now with no late payments & always pay 2-3 times the minimum payment. I called the backdoor number 1-800-395-6090 & got a woman that didnt care if I kept my Orchard card or not. I had her place me on hold & verify that it was a soft pull,she returned & said that it was a soft pull,less than 30 seconds later she told me that I was declined for a CLI.I told her that I would pay off the balance & not use the card anymore,I was asked by her if I wanted her to cancel my card right then.She didnt give a damn if I stayed an Orchard customer or not.Im seriously thinking about calling back in a couple of days & canceling the card if they dont think anymore of me than that.I was also asked where I got the number from & wwas told that I need,from now on, to call the number on the back of the card.I didnt tell her where I got the number.Im through with my venting,I havent posted yet,but this ticked me off.:upset:
15 years 1 month ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

yeh, yeh,.. i think that was wildrage that called and got that CLI. Hooters told me yesterday that i have to have my account for 6 months..then she said ..."oh, you did have it for over six months", then she said to wait till my next statement...oh well....

YoYo11, give them a call asap. I know your time has been up! Something needs to be done for you.
15 years 3 months ago #17

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from building their credit line, I'm just sharing my experience.

Don't trip, you never have. :white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #18

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Thanks HJM, I will have to keep an eye on that. My first credit steps should be coming on my Feb billing statement so I will see if they counted the additional increase against me.
15 years 3 months ago #19
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from building their credit line, I'm just sharing my experience.
15 years 3 months ago #20

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Actually, I dont think the credit steps is involved with the additional 300 CLI. I have had my card the same time (since October) and I called earlier this month and they gave me the additional 300. Than a week later I got the credit steps letter and it said after seven billing statements I would have a 1000 CL. With the additional 300, it will be 1300. Thats awesome, especially since I will only have 7 mths of history on that card. lol
15 years 3 months ago #21
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Way to go

Same here
15 years 3 months ago #22

Just used the Back Door number for Capital One and received a $300.00 increase after having the card since October. I'll let everyone know what happens with the Credit Steps program.

Way to go:white-flag:I am going to call them next month.
15 years 3 months ago #23

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

The number on the back of the card is sufficient however the store card and visa are seperate divisions.

Hmmm, I was hoping to get around the three month wait in between line increases and reach someone with a little more authority. Guess I will have to just wait.:confused:
15 years 3 months ago #24
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Congrats, that CLI might be your Credit Steps Program CLI being given to you a little earlier than planned.
15 years 3 months ago #25

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Just used the Back Door number for Capital One and received a $300.00 increase after having the card since October. I'll let everyone know what happens with the Credit Steps program.
15 years 3 months ago #26

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Does anyone know if Macy's has a backdoor number, or did I miss that post?

Back door Number for Macy's

Macy's $ 800‑289‑6229 Press 4; press *# at each prompt thereafter.

The prompts don't exactly work. You will get a human being without the exhausting menu.
15 years 3 months ago #27

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

I called a few minutes ago the backdoor number listed for JC Penny J.C.Penny

I got my increase ONLINE on my JCP card. It went from $300 to $1500. I dont think they have a backdoor #.
15 years 4 months ago #28
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I've had success with CLI's when I've called the number on the back of my card. If they don't give you a CLI, ask to be transferred to a supervisor.
15 years 4 months ago #29

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

The number on the back of the card is sufficient however the store card and visa are seperate divisions.
15 years 4 months ago #30