Backdoor Numbers

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Ooops, NO she didn't go there with the bread and batteries. LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #106

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Kalel89, if there's no annual fee on your Orchard Bank card, don't close it and keep it for the history. You don't have to use it often, if you buy soda or a pack of gum once a month, you will be fine.

I totally agree with you hjm331. Kalel89 if there is no A/F then buy a loaf of bread or some batteries and then sock drawer that baby
15 years 7 months ago #107
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Kalel89, if there's no annual fee on your Orchard Bank card, don't close it and keep it for the history. You don't have to use it often, if you buy soda or a pack of gum once a month, you will be fine.
15 years 7 months ago #108

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

thanks guys, appreciate the help. I do have other cards, but i think i will try the cancel tactic, see what happens, appreciate all the posts.
15 years 7 months ago #109
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

this is first time im posting, i have had orchard bank since 2005 and never received a cli, even after calling the backdoor numbers, help!!! what should i do? Thanks everyone, love reading the posts.

Do you have any other credit cards? Have you tried applying for other credit cards? Since you have had this card since 2005 and assuming that you have maintained a perfect payment history, you would have a great chance at getting approved for other cards. Don't waste your time with Orchard Bank because they are not known for giving out CLI's. They are just there to help you build a payment history for other creditors to look at.
15 years 7 months ago #110

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Meya's right...i would tell them you're going to close the account after to pay off the balance if they don't give you an increase. I'm sure if you're a revolver they'll take another look...good luck and welcome to the broard.:cool:
15 years 7 months ago #111

Welcome to the Network kalel89, Orchard should have been given you an increase. Right about now they are playing head games with us so don't feel left out at all. I say call back again and talk to a supervisor and explain your situation. If you know you have been loyal to them, you need to explain this to the supervisor (who by the way will speak good english). I would have never kept them that long w/o and increase. Have you tried Cap1 or Hooters? They are pretty good rebuilders also. Here is a nice link for you to read from members explaining what they applied for and when.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=Nice+cards

Hope this helps!
15 years 7 months ago #112

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

this is first time im posting, i have had orchard bank since 2005 and never received a cli, even after calling the backdoor numbers, help!!! what should i do? Thanks everyone, love reading the posts.
15 years 7 months ago #113

Woe woe woe, never never never go over the limit on your cc's especially with cap 1. They are your most loyal card ever. When creditors see that you have went over the limit they will slap you in the face with Universal Default. That is when the creditors charge you like 35% apr and you do not want that. Mary Tomkins will give you more info on this:
  • Do you ever forget to pay your bills on time? A credit card with no annual fee is great, but if it has a high default APR, you might be charged high interest rates for a long while if you forget to make just one or two payments on time?
  • Do you always pay your balance in full every month? If so, interest rates may not be so important to you, but you want to be sure to get a credit card with a generous grace period.
  • Do you always carry a balance on your credit accounts? It may be worth paying an annual fee to get a card with low interest rates.
  • Will you be paying for perks and rewards that you won’t use? If a card charges extra for a special membership, or charges a higher annual fee than others, make sure the benefits are worth it to you. <
  • Don’t forget that if there is an annual fee, you will be charged that fee every year whether you’re using the card or not, even if there’s a zero balance. It’s a good idea to go through your credit cards occasionally to decide which ones you actually need and which accounts should be closed.
  • If you plan on using your card very rarely or strictly for emergencies, you should look for a card with no annual fee, and rewards won't matter since you won't be using the card enough to reap the benefits.
  • The credit card issuer may punish you with the default rate if you do not comply with every condition of the credit agreement. This includes making payments on time and staying within your credit limit. The default rate, on top of already hefty fees, can cause credit to cost you a lot more than you had planned.
Click this link to read more https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/15/1/Understanding-Credit-Card-Terms-and-Conditions/Page1.html

Dont feel guilty about the charge for the cli, a lot of us here has done that before we just learn as time go on. I have done it myself! please stay here so you can gain more more about your credit
15 years 7 months ago #114

Replied by lisascakes on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Meya & hjM11 - I totally agree it was a stupid thing for me to do last night & I would not have agreed to the charge had I been told upfront that if approved there would be a charge. They did not tell me till after they pulled a cb (not sure if it was hard or soft) that if a customer called for a cli they charged $25.00. I was just online & so far the charge is not showing on the card & the available credit is $150.00 with a balance of $250.00 = $400.00 the cl. I did pull all my paper work after all this & mdid not see anything in there about a charge. I will wait a couple of days to see if it shows up & then call a different # to see about removing. I do plan on paying off & putting this card in the sock drawer! Reviewed paper work last night & did not find where they would charge for cli!

Also have the following cards & plan on improving these -

Cap 1 Platinum since 2006 - $500 - this is over cl & will pay under this week & ask next week for cli

WaMu Platinum - $3500 cl 1 yr - called they do not increase at customer request?:dumbfounded:

Catherine's $500 - 1 yr - looking for backdoor # to increase

Sears Solutions MC - $600 - new 2 weeks ago

Direct Rewards MC - unknown approved online on 8/24

I will wait several months before applying for anymore & work on impressing the ones I do have.:white-flag:

This site is teaching me alot more about cc's = the way to increase cl & how to make them work for you not the other way! Thanks for some great enough
15 years 7 months ago #115

To me, Orchard backdoor numbers funtion like thier front door number. You are correct, I would have never went for the $25 for $100 and the cold part about it is that they finance the $25 fee.:shocked: Now I have to admit that I did pay the fee for a couple of times in the begining but after I began to learn more about creditors and cc's, I took charge and was like "Who do you think you talking to? I am an FG member, we are sucker free":fun:

Orchard is trippin with their cli's anyway, so lisa if I were you I would take hJM331 advice and look for better cards. Here is a link to get you started https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=Nice+cards
15 years 7 months ago #116
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Lisascakes, if you have had the card for 3 years with perfect payment history, then I would look for better cards. I would've never agreed to receive the CLI if they wanted a hard copy of my report and for me to pay a $25 for a $100 CLI. That's manslaughter right there and should be illegal.
15 years 7 months ago #117

Replied by lisascakes on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Until I found this site I had never called for a cli but this site has given me the courage to do so!. I called the back door # for Cap 1 - I am over the limit there & will be making a payment to reduce that this week - they would not approve until under i am under the credit limit. I have had this card for a couple of years with no increase.

I called Orchard bank - 1-800-395-6090 - Norma was very nice asked if she could pull cb - I agreed and then said she could increase $100.00 but there is a charge for requesting a credit limit increase of $25.00. I have had this card for almost three years with no increase. I had to ask a couple of times to make sure I understood her correctly. Since the report had already been pulled I agreed but will call back tomorrow to ask about removing this charge. :dumbfounded: :upset:
15 years 7 months ago #118

Call them asap. I have never known for cap 1 to do a hard pull for a cli. Did you check to make sure they did a hard pull or did you assume they would when they said that they may have to pull your cb? Usually when they say that they are going to do a soft pull and then give you answer.

I remeber when Lane Bryant (Spirit of America) did a hard pull on me when I asked for a cli, but the only reason why they did that is because they wanted a new cr for their records since they bought our accounts from WFNNB.:confused:
15 years 7 months ago #119

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Good info OP! The only way to find out if these numbers work or not is to actually try them ourselves!

I call the orchard bank one but they did the same thing the normal reps do.... pull your credit and say no ???? im at the 6 month mark .. Should i call back and try to get another rep ?
15 years 7 months ago #120