Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

well unfortunately for me Meya I had alot of credit!!! it was a substanial amount of available credit because my credit at one time was excellent.

But the real unfortunate thing is that I had ALL kinds of accounts with banks such as chase,citibank, discover, gemb, and the all either blacklist people for sure or they bought out or merged with the banks I didn't have that I would now need to attempt to obtain credit from and can't !
now that I read the input about providian, washington mutual, and wachovia the only one left I didn't have was bank of america...and they don't seem to be one that would approve someone with a bankruptcy that is 2 years old...so I feel I am SOL!

I ended of getting credit one before my bankruptcy and had to include them and I tried them again and declined me stating previous account status...HSBC did not do that to me and I included them in my bk
jc penney declined me past account was included in bk.
what other major cards can I try for?
I currently have capital one, hooters, hsbc, hsbc best buy mastercard, orchard bank, first national legacy visa and crown jewelers..
I had imagine and salute but I went over the limits on each by like a couple dollars with fees and interest and they both closed my accounts because of this and refuse to reopen them..they were too expensive anyway.

I know I have enough but the only higher limits are of course crown jewelers and capital one with $2000 and hooters with $700.
14 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I have tried for some of the ones people say don't blacklist but when I apply they basically "blacklisted" me..

I had alot of accounts with gemb and when I included 2 in my bk they declined me due to bk..just an fyi

sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw...I have heard people say HSBC blackslists..but I had 2 cards with them that I included in my bk and I got 3 of their cards within a year of my bk.

Is it true that providian/washington mutual is now owned by wells fargo?
because well!!!!!!!!!!! I included them on my bk...and one was a mortgage so I would say I am definately not going to get a card with them if they were bought by wells fargo.

Ok, well Linda thanks for sharing, could you please list those who do and do not, your input counts, and that way we can keep the list up to date. Thanks buddie!
14 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

because well!!!!!!!!!!! I included them on my bk...and one was a mortgage so I would say I am definately not going to get a card with them if they were bought by wells fargo.

nope.... Providian/Washington Mutual is now part of Chase and Wells Fargo purchased Wachovia bank last year.
14 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I have tried for some of the ones people say don't blacklist but when I apply they basically "blacklisted" me..

I had alot of accounts with gemb and when I included 2 in my bk they declined me due to bk..just an fyi

sometimes I think it is the luck of the draw...I have heard people say HSBC blackslists..but I had 2 cards with them that I included in my bk and I got 3 of their cards within a year of my bk.

14 years 11 months ago #34

Here is the bk friendly and unfriendly thread. Hope this helps!
https://www.financeglobe.com/forum/credit-cards/196-bk-friendly-and-unfriendly-credit-cards
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Updated Link to Post
14 years 11 months ago #35

Replied by ohwoody on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Goldsmiths (Memphis,TN) not sure where else they are was bought out by Macys some years back.I recently applied for Macy's & was denied because I had an old account that I defaulted on back in '94 or '95.
Also,I had a Discover card that I defaulted on around the same time ('94 or '95),I recently applied with Discover again & shot down but given the response we approved you for our Direct Rewards card (HSBC)...I took it.
What I wanna know is what companys will blacklist you for Bankruptcy.

...And for what its worth,I took out a bankloan with my bank on Friday,$1000 loan,I didnt really need it,I wanted it to add some charecter to my credit history.
14 years 11 months ago #36

05/01/2009
14 years 11 months ago #37

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Also, if you had a Hecht's card. I had this card and it was converted to a Macy's when Macy's took them over.
15 years 7 months ago #38

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I got denied for a Macy's card and the reasons stated in the letter is "you had a previously delinquent account with us in the past" - so obviously, they blacklist, but I never had a Macy's card before - what gives?

If you previously had a May Department Stores card (Foley's/Meier & Frank/Robinson's-May/Filene's/Jones Store etc) or a previous Federated card (Burdine's/Bon Marche/Riches/Lazarus) they were converted to Macy's when Macy's took over May Department Stores and consolidated Federated. This is another reason why so many people have multiple Macy's cards-their previous May card/FDS card was converted even if they already had an established Macy's.
15 years 7 months ago #39

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I got denied for a Macy's card and the reasons stated in the letter is "you had a previously delinquent account with us in the past" - so obviously, they blacklist, but I never had a Macy's card before - what gives?

You need to call them and ask for something in writing stating that you had an account with them unless
15 years 8 months ago #40

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I got denied for a Macy's card and the reasons stated in the letter is "you had a previously delinquent account with us in the past" - so obviously, they blacklist, but I never had a Macy's card before - what gives??:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #41
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I was told that if you have a balance from a previous charge off for a Discovercard, you can pay that balance and get another Discovercard as long as your FICO score is up to par with Discover Financial Services.
15 years 8 months ago #42

I know Amex does and I believe bofa does also. Majority of prime cards will blacklist especially if it is new. I have heard of some like Juniper (Barclays Bank) will give you a second chance.
15 years 8 months ago #43

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I heard that if you have a positive payment history with any card for a year or two, that's good enough to get approved for a Macy's card.
15 years 8 months ago #44

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I was thinking that Macy's black listed (I was assured by the FG family that they don't) but I know that I had them included in a bankruptcy many many years ago so now I am not too sure if I am going to apply for one
15 years 8 months ago #45