BK friendly and unfriendly credit cards

Replied by interjack on topic Re: BK friendly and unfriendly credit cards

and how many is too many inquiries in a year? I was told by a lender they allow you 5 a year before it starts to deduct ...

Each individual lender can interpret the number of inquiries as they wish. One might say that 5 or less is okay, some may not be happy with anything over two.
15 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by interjack on topic Re: BK friendly and unfriendly credit cards

also I read on the credit report keeper that I subscribe to that when you have an inquiry it drops 5 points? have you any input on what you have heard on this?

Inquiries that you make for your credit report do not go against your score.
15 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Bankruptcy friendly cards

Can anyone tell me which are the bankruptcy friendly cards? I have had a past bankruptcy and am in the process of rebuilding my credit. Which of the store cards and major bank cards except for (capital one and hsbc) have approved people with past bankruptcy issues?

Try this link it has tons of cards that are bankruptcy friendly good luck[/quote]

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...howtopic=72699
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Bankruptcy friendly cards

Can anyone tell me which are the bankruptcy friendly cards? I have had a past bankruptcy and am in the process of rebuilding my credit. Which of the store cards and major bank cards except for (capital one and hsbc) have approved people with past bankruptcy issues?

Try Hooters mastercard....:fun:
15 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by islander36 on topic Bankruptcy friendly cards

15 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by LindaLu on topic well Mary Macy's is not

well Mary Macy's is not in collections...it is just showing as charge off/bad debt on my credit report for $1305..I never even paid it late...I just stopped paying it because my attorney told me to..
hey also I was told that every time an on time payment is reported to a credit bureau it raises the score 2 points..have you ever heard that? also I read on the credit report keeper that I subscribe to that when you have an inquiry it drops 5 points? have you any input on what you have heard on this? HSBC is slow on reporting on a couple of their cards I have...makes me mad... and how many is too many inquiries in a year? I was told by a lender they allow you 5 a year before it starts to deduct ...
15 years 11 months ago #6
  • MaryM
  • MaryM's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by MaryM on topic Linda...BK buddy :fun: LOL anyway

Linda...BK buddy :fun: LOL anyway I can't really say anything about the Macy's account how it will affect you. If it's in collections it's a black mark on your reports....how long do you have before it will drop off??

If the inquiries will drop off this summer I wouldn't even mess with them. Inquiries older than a year really don't affect your score anyway. You can send the collection agencies a letter asking them to prove what purpose they had to pull your credit report and you can maybe get them deleted that way but if they are coming off this year I wouldn't even worry too much about it.

Don't worry too much about applying for new credit right away. I know it's addicting but you need to let your accounts age a little and worry more about credit line increases with the new cards you have now to help your score. My goal now is to get my scores higher, pay my cards down and work on getting credit limit increases.
15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by LindaLu on topic Mary , you're like my

Mary , you're like my BK buddy....lol
you are so right about experian...actually I had 2 other accounts that I noticed never appeared on my list of creditors for my bankruptcy...(good attorney I had ha?) but when i got concerned that they kept sending me bills I called and they zeroed out accounts and do now say included in bankruptcy on my credit report...how bad do you think this one credit card of $1305 will hurt? none of the 3 credit reporting agencies will take it off...it must be macy's themselves though..you said when you got items corrected as included in bankruptcy you starting gett ing alot of cards but I got 1 fixed on transunion and equifax that truly is on my credit report but experian won't ...and home depot shot me down...said reason..."BK" hey also did you have any credit cards that already went to a collection agency? the reason I ask if because I have a "ton" of inquiries (the ones that count) from collection agencies ...just about all will fall off this summer but that makes me mad before I never gave them permission to check my credit and have adverse effect on my credit score..what can I do about that too??
15 years 11 months ago #8
  • MaryM

Replied by MaryM on topic Mary, HOw did you get those

Mary,
HOw did you get those ones that were not on your credit report as included in bankruptcy taken care of? I had one that I got equifax and transunion to take off but experian won't???they say it is correct???I have the bankruptcy papers showing it???should I just send it to them? also my macy's was not included on my paperwork and since I thought it was I didn't pay it and they sent it to collections and I can't get any of the 3 credit bureas to take care of this??am I basically stuck with that blackmark on my credit until it falls off or do you think I should call them and make arrangements to pay it???will one charge off hurt me a whole lot? it was for like $1305....but what kills me is that it was like $900 and the rest is all late fees and interest!!!

I'm still working on my credit reports actually. I have a sold off credit card that will not come off for anything. Experian is the worst to get them to do anything.

Here's what I think you should do... Don't send any papers yet, call whoever is still reporting and tell them they need to report to Experian that your account was included in your BK. If they won't do anything then tell them you will fax over a copy and you will give them 2 weeks to change it. Try that and see what happens. That would be my first step.

Your Macy's account you could do 2 things.....you can wait for it to fall off which can take 7 years from when it was charged off or you can call them and tell them you will pay for a delete on the account. Try telling them you will pay 50 percent of what you owe but they have to delete the account as soon as they get the payment. Then before you send any money....get it in writing that the account will be paid as agreeded or they will delete the account. Hope that makes sense.

Never send them money without a written agreement in your hands. That way you can send it to the credit reporting agencies and you will have proof and they will update your report for you.

Good Luck.....

any luck with home depot or sears??
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by LindaLu on topic Mary, HOw did you get those

Mary,
HOw did you get those ones that were not on your credit report as included in bankruptcy taken care of? I had one that I got equifax and transunion to take off but experian won't???they say it is correct???I have the bankruptcy papers showing it???should I just send it to them? also my macy's was not included on my paperwork and since I thought it was I didn't pay it and they sent it to collections and I can't get any of the 3 credit bureas to take care of this??am I basically stuck with that blackmark on my credit until it falls off or do you think I should call them and make arrangements to pay it???will one charge off hurt me a whole lot? it was for like $1305....but what kills me is that it was like $900 and the rest is all late fees and interest!!!
15 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by jwa2000 on topic My Ch 7 was discharged

My Ch 7 was discharged a few weeks ago, and I have been able to get a BestBuy card and an Orchard Bank MC (I included Orchard in my bk). GEMB won't approve me for any of their cards (I included one of their cards for like $135 in my bk). Cap1 won't give me anything, but I included a pretty high amount from my previous Cap1 card in my bk as well. That is my problem. I used to have excellent credit (730-760), but when tough times hit and I had to file, I had to include all my cards, so basically I feel like every card issuer has blacklisted me for life. It hurts to know I will probably never get another AMEX! LOL

I know it has only been two weeks since my discharge, so I need to give it time. I have managed to accumulate a Visa and a MC, plus a Best Buy card, so I am thinking about giving it a break for awhile. Just use those every so often for small purchases, pay off the balance in full, and hopefully be on my way to rebuilding!
16 years 3 days ago #11
  • MaryM

Replied by MaryM on topic It took me 3 times

It took me 3 times to get a JCPenney card. It was never because of my BK just gave me other reasons. I was also denied a Lowes card before but again I applied and got it. I think my scores went up and that helped. Plus I had some bad things on my credit report that weren't reporting as included in Bankruptcy that I had to fix and then boom I got a ton of cards that I applied for. Best Buy is hsbc and they don't like me for some reason. I always get denied because of BK when it comes down to store cards for HSBC. Your friends BK shouldn't matter anymore because it's been over 10 years. I would tell her to call them to reconsider her application. Also make sure your credit reports are pretty clean before you apply for anymore cards. I would call JCPenney and tell them that you have always paid on time and your not understanding why you weren't approved. There may be other reasons but they are just not saying.Don't apply for too many cards at once because your score will go down and then you will have to wait it least 6 months to apply for anything. Good luck!
16 years 5 days ago #12

Replied by LindaLu on topic Mary, I tired to get jcpenney

Mary,
I tired to get jcpenney again..that is ge money bank...but they sent me a letter saying that I didn't pay as agreed...I did pay them on time every month...I actually didn't even include them in my bankruptcy as I only owed them $103 but I claimed old navy and that is gemb too so they must have pulled both accounts with the bankruptcy for old navy..I know dillards is gemb also..I never had that one..and I think lowe's????I am going to wait to apply again..I got a big head when hooters approved me last week and starting apply for all kinds of stuff..I heard now that capitol one review your credit to see if you are making alot of credits requests and may lower your limit..I did apply for best buy store card and got reply that they regretfully can't approve it but can approve best buy mc so I took it..do you know if best buy store card is hsbc also? I think so..I was talking to a frien at work today that said best buy store declined her recently due to bankruptcy and her bankruptcy was in1996???so I am sure that is why the store declined us for sure??? do you know how hard it is to get a store card after claiming them in a bankruptcy ??? I am thinking it is pretty hard...
16 years 6 days ago #13
  • MaryM

Replied by MaryM on topic Also what about ones that

Also what about ones that you claim in a bankruptcy? would they ever approve you again..??? I know hsbc will on some cards as I did claim them in my chapter 7 and still got 3 cards from them already!!! small limits though but it is a start? I feel like all the ones I claimed I will never see a card from them again..let me know what ones you get approved for and I will do the same..

Hi Linda, I filed on 2 capital one cards and got approved not even a year later so I know they don't blacklist you. I couldn't for some reason get a Best buy card which I did file on so maybe that's why. GEMB is great for us BK people. Some of HSBC is touchy sometimes. You will get lower limits to start but after about 6 months of paying on time and not going to close to your limit they will start to give you a CLI. If you hear anything good about any cards keep me informed too! :cool:

16 years 1 week ago #14

Replied by LindaLu on topic Mary, I was looking for

Mary, I was looking for a topic such as this..good one!! well I got capitol one 1 week after my discharge last august...I surprisingly got an hsbc 3 months after and an old orchard just last month which is also owned by hsbc..but i kind of think that hsbc has higher standards for some of their cards...I did just get approved for hooters and got bestbuy mc which is also hsbc ....I didn't realize gemb would be bk friendly...i applied for home depot a few days ago so will let you know..don't know about sears..but I need that one!
Also what about ones that you claim in a bankruptcy? would they ever approve you again..??? I know hsbc will on some cards as I did claim them in my chapter 7 and still got 3 cards from them already!!! small limits though but it is a start? I feel like all the ones I claimed I will never see a card from them again..let me know what ones you get approved for and I will do the same..
16 years 1 week ago #15