Microloans

• Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Microloans

The Microloan program provides loans up to $50,000 to help small businesses and certain not-for-profit childcare centers start up and expand. The average microloan is about $13,000 and yes it does come from the SBA
6 years 6 months ago #16

Replied by FrankN on topic Microloans

Lexie wrote: Why is it called a microloan? Is there a limit on the amount you can get? Many small business can also get loans based on their ethnic group or their status in the business world. I will follow your link Moneyes and see what it looks like.

Its just a term meaning a very small loan, something like less than $100.
6 years 7 months ago #17

Replied by Lexie on topic Microloans

Why is it called a microloan? Is there a limit on the amount you can get? Many small business can also get loans based on their ethnic group or their status in the business world. I will follow your link Moneyes and see what it looks like.
6 years 7 months ago #18

Replied by Moneyes on topic Microloans

Kiva would be a good place to start. https://www.kiva.org/

They are a 501(c)3 nonprofit so they probably work with the SBA (Small Business Association) and their business model look a lot like peer-to-peer. They are worldwide, based in San Francisco and many people recommend them.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Moneyes.
6 years 7 months ago #19
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Microloans was created by Joker

I was reading about small business loans and if you can't get financed with a regular bank they say "micro-loans" are sometimes a good place to look. Does anyone have any experience with a micro-loan company or trying to get funds from one? I am interested to see if there are some stand-out names in that industry.
6 years 7 months ago #20