Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Site Redesign

Hi Wanderer,

I'm really glad to hear that you're already using the new stock service. I know that some of the things I put out here are not useful to everyone, but I'm very glad to hear feedback from our members like you. Thanks for that Wanderer.

I'm also adding a portfolio service with the option to have multiple portfolios, something that I don't see available anywhere. I.E. a portfolio for an IRA, one for swing trading, one for day trading, etc... This will be unlimited, and with an unlimited amount of stocks/etfs/funds in each one.

Right now, I'm using Yahoo! data services to get the info. I will work on a dedicated stock data solution if this service becomes popular. (This info can get expensive if I cannot get adequate advertising in return).

Mike
14 years 3 weeks ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Site Redesign

FG :cool: - I really like the local weather and stock info. I trade in equity stocks, bonds and mutual funds along with purchasing CD's. It is nice to come to an uncluttered place and get what I need quickly without pop-ups, lot's of nuisance ads and clutter! Yes, I do see the Wall Street Journal and Barron's regularily, along with Money etc but, here I can eliminate the nonsense! Thanks FG ..! :present:
14 years 3 weeks ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Site Redesign

Joeyman, if I am not mistaken, does this help....

Page navigation] Home > Finance > Finance Network > Forum

I see that at the very top page while navigating through the site. I clicked home and it brought me back to the home page. If I have it wrong, please disregard this.
14 years 1 month ago #3
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I contemplated on adding a 4th tab for the members, then I thought to just replace the home tag because there is a cookie trail on every page that goes to the home page. Also, this tab would serve just one page, kind of wasteful space... Thoughts are welcome on this.
14 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Site Redesign

I might be missing something, but is there a link to go the homepage? I see the members tab, but that leads to your dashboard.
14 years 1 month ago #5
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thanks for your feedback everyone, I appreciate it. You never know, what is perceived as a facelift or an upgrade isn't so sometimes to the majority (I watch "Flip that House" too much :fun:). Design is my weak area, so I've always kept things simple and functional. The truth is that I was on the verge of changing the top at least 5 times in the past 2 years and didn't because I was nervous if it was better than the first one. This is my best design out of all of those, so I felt better about it.

Thanks again!
14 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Site Redesign

FG - The dark blue on top seems to class the site up. Looks good!:candycane:
14 years 1 month ago #7

Nothing is wrong so far, I have not ran across any issues. I really like the blue on the top page, it stands out and it makes it more........graphical!
14 years 1 month ago #8
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

FG, what kind of database application do you use for all the credit cards?

4 years ago I created the database with ezdatabase, a CMS script. But I have modified about 90% of the code since then. I made my own programs to work with the original script, and from my understanding, the developer does not support the program and I think the website is gone.
14 years 1 month ago #9

FG, what kind of database application do you use for all the credit cards?
14 years 1 month ago #10

Yes, this is your site also! I want to make improvements only that our members approve of. This will affect all pages of the site.

All comments, suggestions and criticisms are very welcome.

Just a note, I just changed it to conform with all screen resolutions and browsers. It was something I overlooked. I tested it in all main resolutions, with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

What about Safari? :(

Jk. :P Just don't forget about the mac people!
14 years 1 month ago #11

FG must have been busy this weekend, the site is still the same lol. We still love it.
14 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by cce on topic Re: Site Redesign

I like it! The top makes it feel full.
14 years 1 month ago #13
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Yes, this is your site also! I want to make improvements only that our members approve of. This will affect all pages of the site.

All comments, suggestions and criticisms are very welcome.

Just a note, I just changed it to conform with all screen resolutions and browsers. It was something I overlooked. I tested it in all main resolutions, with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
14 years 1 month ago #14

Update, update, update!!! Come on everyone, we are all in this together!
:white-flag: :valentineheart1:
14 years 1 month ago #15