Progress Reports & Success Stories

Replied by mathman on topic Re: Progress Reports & Success Stories

re: Amex Platinum. you know of the preapproval site, right? the future may be now :D ... https://www201.americanexpress.com/cards/Applyfservlet?csi=0/0/b/510

uncle filed for chap 7 back in the 90s. he now has a gold card.
15 years 5 days ago #16

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Progress Reports & Success Stories

Remember young man that we all guage success differently. Some are on their way to success, while others are starting out on their path. Meya, Colonative, yourself are all successful in what you have accmplished, but as accomplished as you all are, your greatest asset is your ability to share your knowledge and past with others so we can all heed your wisdom and at the same time reach our goals more quickly !

Success is not always measured by being debt free but by what you can share with others !

Man I must be getting old....................... :scared:
15 years 5 days ago #17
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Progress Reports & Success Stories

Anyone?
15 years 6 days ago #18
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

LP25 said]
Meya said:

[/B]Ok, you guys got me. Thanks soo much for your words of encouragement and the TURTH (LP25). lP25, you know you are my girl and Yes I can get a little wacky, but I think I am getting that way from Porgy1000, now that's who's wacky. Or should I blame Pamela2? She keeps with the shakes and now she turned me into a credit card banger. Hjm331, naahhhhh, I can't say that abot him right now, I did him that he has to next week to handle some business, but if he does not, come back to this room that he created and I will fill you all in with the DETAILS!

I think I found this site by accident or should I say through "Planned Happenstance." I love this site, it is not just about credit any more to me, it's more like meeting new freinds all across the world. Take Porgy1000 for instance, if someone would have told me that I will be chatting with MR. Body Parts or MR. Texas Scalple Massacre, I would have never believed it.

I have learned to listen to others as well as help others since my first visit here. One thing I noticed is that I am proud to say that I have been credit application free since my stay at The Network, and that happiness is more than what your fingers keep you involve with....The Love Button. I thought the site was going to be flooded with who gave you a credit card and what do your credit look like in comparison to mines. Dont get me twisted, I love those questions also because that is your chance to help the next individual stand back up on their two feets to be trusted by creditors again. Its the joy of hearing someone say, I am back in the credit life agian and then they pass their info on to the next person.

You guys just don't know how happy I am to see you all posting. Out of nearly 700 members, I only chat with a few. I wish all or majority of members who signs up everday would come in and just start a conversation. It does/does not matter what they talk about, just make us laugh...lol.

Thanks you all, my name is Meya, and you all have a great day.

Next weekend lil bro or else!
15 years 1 week ago #19
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I will copy and paste the posts from that thread to this thread.
15 years 1 week ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Progress Reports & Success Stories

Hey bro, I will add mines, I just have one question, you started a very similar thread a while ago, and got nice feedback. So how about copying and pasting this over to the link below, or do you want it merged or do you want the other one deleted? I think it would be best to merge it, so it can keep the thread flowing and updated.:worried:

https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=439
15 years 1 week ago #21
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Thanks for the post smcc! I'm going to post my story today and hope other members can add to this.
15 years 1 week ago #22

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Progress Reports & Success Stories

Ok young man I will start, claimed bankruptcy in 1984. Started building my credit again in 1997 with a Sterling Bank & Trust secured Visa with a $300 limit. From there I got a Cross Country Card and had to pay them to receive a CLI. Had two cards from them (Cross Country) before I got my first BOA card with a $3400 limit. As it now stands:
  • AMEX Gold Charge Card
  • Bank of America Americard Visa Signature - No Pre Set Spending Limit $41K Limit
  • Bank of America Visa Signature - No Pre Set Spending Limit $10k
  • Discover More Card $4K Limit
  • Objective]My past hopefully will encourage others that even claiming Bankruptcy you can still bounce back and get the credit you want and deserve. Like I have always said, "One card at a time", "One on time payment at a time", "One CLI at a time"
15 years 1 week ago #23
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by hjm331

Credit building is a long road and requires a lot of patience and mental support. That's the reason why I'm starting this thread. Fellow readers can read posts in this thread and gain the hope they need to continue their journey in the credit game.

Everyone should post their story of how, when, and where they started rebuilding their credit. We all set goals to achieve our needs in life and I'm sure we call relate to each other one way or another.
15 years 1 week ago #24