Disputing Credit Inquiries

• interjack
  • interjack's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Disputing Credit Inquiries

Just contacted AMSHER. Looks like AMSHER is located 3mi away from my job! They have a balance from a doctor's office. I called the doctor's office and the they said that I owe $0!

Its funny that AMSHER did not put anything on my credit report other than an inquiry. I find it hilarious. I just can't wait to get the bill from them in the mail as I will pull the FCBA out and make them prove I owe something. Next will file a BBB complaint. Next we will do an FTC grievance with them. Any other suggestions on how to make sure AMSHER gets what they deserve?
15 years 3 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Disputing Credit Inquiries

WaMu in '07. I got one of their cards in '08.

You need to call them and talk to them. It should be much easier since you already have the card. Also, this is much easier for you to dispute it with the 3 Cb's
15 years 3 months ago #17

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Disputing Credit Inquiries

Interjack, Amsher is without a doubt a collection agency (I have had the pleasure of dealing with those goons be4). There is something negative reporting somewhere with your name on it (or if your spouse has had trouble with credit, those agencies could be looking to you for collection) thinking they might be able to get paid off you.

You should def consider some sort of freeze on your CR, if your not aware of any negative reporting accounts.

Just a thought...
15 years 3 months ago #18
  • interjack

These were absolutely unauthorized:

RPM
AMSHER
WaMu in '07. I got one of their cards in '08.
Victoria's Secret

Then I have incidences on my credit report were credit card companies that I applied to made inquiries only days apart even though I applied for only one card. HSBC and Sears seem to be the offenders here.
15 years 3 months ago #19

Please, list all the inq's.:confused:
15 years 3 months ago #20
  • interjack

I don't know of any accounts that could be in negative status. I think I am going to close a few accounts and make some balance xfers and put the freezes on. This kind of stuff really ticks me off. We work sooo hard to keep our credit good and these crazy companies just pull our credit reports.

I also noticed an inquiry from Victoria's Secret. I have never shopped there and I doubt that people in my demographic would ever set foot in the place. Thanks for the help..!
15 years 3 months ago #21

I agree Brian23. That does sound like an SOL inq, and yes there should be some type of freeze on the report or at least a fraud alert. A fraud alert will get on there when you dispute anyway. Good luck, and let us know the results. All you can do is try!
15 years 3 months ago #22

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Disputing Credit Inquiries

That company sounds like a collection agency. Did you have some old bad debts that are out of SOL for your state? Sometimes collection agencies will buy out-dated debts from other agencies, but prior to doing so they will pull your CR to see if its a wise investment to attempt to trick you and collect on the debt.

I dont know about disputing it off TU (although like you said, I have had luck with EQ). I suggest if you dont want something like that to happen again (when agencies buy outdated debts) you should put a credit freeze on your report (provided your state allows that).
15 years 3 months ago #23
  • interjack

was created by interjack

Does anyone know how to effectively remove erroneous inquiries from their credit report? Let me be more specific by say that I have found numerous inquiries that I did not authorize. For example I have found an inquiry made by Receivables Performance Management. I have contacted this company and they have no record of why they pulled my credit report. They also have not been helpful in providing me with documentation proving this. TransUnion will not let you dispute inquiries. I know that Equifax will.

Does anyone have any advice or expertise with this?
15 years 3 months ago #24