Wamu

Replied by BobG on topic Today I tried to create

Today I tried to create sign-in again. I tried to create my sign-in information and the answer received was that I already had a sign-in page. How that happened I do not know because I never got past that "Some of the information you entered is missing or incorrect. etc."
Finally got in and thought my troubles were in the past until I tried to open an online savings account. Tried several times and kept getting message:
"We are unable to complete your application at this time. You may, however, return seven days from now to try again."
Did anyone else try to open a savings account online and receive similar response?
What are they trying to say? Why should I return in 7 days? I phoned the WM support line and they did not know what that meant either. I told them I was trying to open an online savings account linking it to my free checking account so I could receive the higher rate.
I don't know what is going on with this site. Never had this much trouble with my other online bank accounts. Think I have made a poor choice with WM.
(I thought I would receive email notices when replies are posted to these posts, but have not been getting any.)
16 years 1 month ago #166

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Most banks update their systems

Most banks update their systems at night, so give it another try in the morning. It sounds like she already gave you your login information. Just to make sure, did she say that you had to register your account first? Some banks require you to register an existing account with their online system.
WAMU Online Account Register Form - > https://online.wamu.com/IdentityManagement/SignUp.aspx
16 years 1 month ago #167

Replied by hjm331 on topic I don't see this as

I don't see this as a disaster, all companies have technical malfunctions and usually try to fix it and as soon as they are aware of it.
16 years 1 month ago #168

Replied by Meya on topic Cap One and Orchard was

Cap One and Orchard was doing the same thing two days ago. I think it is just a temporary broken internet connection....right Mike?
:confused: :confused: :dumbfounded: :worried:
16 years 1 month ago #169

Replied by hjm331 on topic It's working as of 5:10pm

It's working as of 5:10pm PST 3/10/08 Monday.
16 years 1 month ago #170

Replied by BobG on topic I opened a WaMu free

I opened a WaMu free checking account at local branch this AM and the girl said when I went home I would be able to sign in to my account online. When I got home, I went to the "Sign-In" page and kept inputting my information and kept getting response: "Some of the information you entered is missing or incorrect. Please check all highlighted messages below. We’re sorry. The account or personal information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information and try again."
The reason I opened at the branch is that I couldn't open an account online. Kept getting message: "Your application has been cancelled. For security reasons, we were unable to approve your application based on the information you provided."
I don't know what that was all about, but that's when I decided to go to a branch. If any more problems, or I can't sign-in online, I am going back to branch and tell them to close account.
Any comments? Did this happen to anyone else?
16 years 1 month ago #171

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Ash, the only thing

Hi Ash, the only thing I can say it, "Lets sit back and wait". Even though I do not gave a Wamu account, I feel for those who do.
16 years 1 month ago #172

Replied by Ash on topic This subject has been heavily

This subject has been heavily debated on the fico forums. I dont think anyone reallys knows for sure what is going to happen. Makes you wonder who to believe???
16 years 1 month ago #173

Replied by Attagirl on topic That is totally nuts to

That is totally nuts to close out accounts just because you choose not to allow people with BK on them. I cannot believe that they will not look at the current report and see if the person is making their payments on time and how they are handling their credit since the BK before they close out accounts. That is just bad business.
16 years 1 month ago #174

Replied by Ash on topic Thanks, me too. I'm still

16 years 2 months ago #175

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Hi, The way that system

Hi, The way that system works is the most recent posts are on top. Just as on this site, I do not know how to find older posts from the last few months. I will keep my eyes open for other sites with the info as well. I have read it on several differient web sites too.

Chase is set to buy out WAMU in May 2008. Chase does NOT have a subprime portfolio for credit cards and they will not have any card with a BK on the credit report. It is just Chase's policy. I have no idea why WAMU is doing business as usual knowing full well that chase will close most of its credit cards portfolio.

WAMU is also on the list of banks set to fail in the next 30 to 60 days. Here is a link;

http://ml-implode.com/
16 years 2 months ago #176

Replied by Ash on topic Hey Porgy you mentioned something

Hey
Porgy you mentioned something about Chase closing out wamu's cards. I could
not find the link or any specific info regarding that on thetruthaboutcards.com,
however I did a google search and this came up. http://www.thetruthaboutmortgage.com/chase-to-buy-washington-mutual .
If you have direct link please post...(Thanks)
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #177

Replied by Meya on topic Woe, I am glad they

Woe, I am glad they declined me. WaMu is officially on my hit-list! That is crazy, talk about subprimed accounts, gee whiz.
:scared:
16 years 3 months ago #178

Replied by porgy1000 on topic ooops sorry, S & L

ooops sorry, S & L means a SAVINGS AND LOAN, not a commercial bank. Wamu is in such a mess from the subprime mortgage fallout that they will raise any cardholder to a 30% rate for no reason without any question. Some of my co workers have the WAMU cards and they just cry about them all the time.
16 years 3 months ago #179

Replied by Meya on topic Try to get main line

Try to get main line credit cards from non S & L's

I'm sort of lost here, what is S & L's? Here is another short typing word that we can add to the list. If you have anymore short typings, add it to the list so that we can fill it up. Here is the link
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100016
:fun:

And you thought your words were not valuable here! What did I tell you!
:laugh:
16 years 3 months ago #180