Nice Cards to apply for

Replied by shanie1120 on topic Wow! I don't know how

Wow! I don't know how you do it, my two cards give me enough stress. :scared: :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #211

Replied by realtorbel on topic I think I posted this

I think I posted this in the wrong spot before so here it is again! I hope every1 is sitting down cause this is gonna be a long ride so get ready! Ok here's the list of my 1 yr credit shopping spree...1. Orchard 3/07 $300 - Closed 3/08 after I requested a CLI and they told me sure if you pay $15 we'll give u $100 more! uhhh no thxs close it! 2. JCP 4/07 - $650 cli 4/08 - $1500 3. Credit One 4/07 -$1500 auto cli $1750 4/08 4. Target - 4/07 $200 asked 4 cli 4/08 they said no due to not enough usage so Im gonna use it and see what happens. 5. Peach Direct (GEMB)-4/07 $2500 used it twice for small purcs In 2/08 I got a ltr that GEMB will no longer be the backer on this but it still shows on CR as active 6. HSBC 5/07 $300 auto cli $450 at 2 mos-auto cli $600 5 mo auto cli 3/08 $750 7. Kohls 6/07 $1000 called for cli 4/08 denied :(. 8. FHUT 7/07 $500 cli $750 after 2 mos. 9. Valero (gas) 7/07 $300 cli $600 3/08 10. Tribute 7/07 $1000 cli 1250 6 mos 11. Salute 8/07 $1000 cli $1250 5 mos 12. HSBC Discover 8/07 $1000 13. BOA 10/07 (AU) $3900 14. Chase Mtg 11/07 $126k 15. Cap 1 11/07 $500 cli 4/08 $1000 16. WAMU 11/07 $750 17. Credit Union 11/07 $15000 pers loan 18. Citifinancial 11/07 $7500 pers loan used money from 2 pers to fix up house. 19. GEMB Avalon(carp/flooring store) 11/07$3000 20. HSBC/Nautilis (Bowflex) 3/08 $1700 21. AMEX Green (no pre-set but I couldnt charge over $1500 w/o making a payment! LOL) I ended up charging $2515 first mo and paid off before closing date so we'll see what happens. 22. Walmart 3/08 $500 23. Lowes 3/08 $300 wouldn't give me a cli either :(. 24. Home Depot 3/08 $1500 funny thing is that I was declined on-line and a week later I was in store and tried again and approved! Go Figure! 25. Fashion Bug 3/08 $200 (daughter wanted it) 26. CU Visa 4/08 $5000 requested cli and got $12,000! 27. CU Auto Loan 4/08 $33k! Ok I think thats it! Don't ask me how cause I don't kno what happened it all seems like a blur. This time last year I had no credit, I struggled to pay cash for everything....OH WAIT I forgot 28. I had a Macys that I haven't used since 97 maybe and I was in the store 2/08 and they asked me if I wanted to apply and I said well I had Macys but I haven't used it in years and low and behold, the cashier looked me up and there it was still active with a $200 cl but a mo later 3/08 auto cli to $1000! Currently my scores are TU 642 EX 638 EQ 670 and they have fluctuated up and down over the past year my highest was probably EQ 685 in March 08. I usually pay in full or keep them under 35%. Whew!!! That's it I think!

UPDATE 5/16/08 - Since then, I've also gotten a $200 cli for Macys a new flex acct for furniture at Macys $4200. Another local furniture store card that I applied for on-line but received the 30 day review notice so I thought I was denied but card came in the mail about 3 weeks later after I had forgotten about it with a cl of $5,000! (This came after Macys hooked me up) Then lastly the Southwest Chase Signature - 5/08 denied first but called for recosideration and was approved for $5k!!! Okay now I am really really stopping cause I need to start weeding out this mess!! Scores a/o today took a lil dive of course - EX 632 EQ 662 TU 640 :(. Also just in case this helps, 32 inquiries in the past 90 days - Whoa Nelly!!!
:confused: FYI, I don't advise any1 else to do this. I think that it's better to have 3-5 cards that you can rotate and easily keep track of than to have all of these.... its like a full time job keeping it all organized and paid on time!!! That's the best part tho my report shows that I actively use just about every card and I have NOT had one late :cool: but I'm tired now and my fingers are feelin a lil numb from all of the on-line banking...lol! :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #212
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Number of accounts in collection

Number of accounts in collection status
Ratio of revolving account balances to revolving credit lines

You just gave your reasons for a possible denial. If I were you, I would wait until the dispute is resolved. I am don't think that in-store approvals makes a difference, i think it only makes a difference for the acutal "approval amount" of credit. I beleive you will get a better chance next try, I was denid in-store in 2006 and was approved in June 2007 for a $500 cl.
16 years 1 month ago #213

Replied by MaryM on topic I was denied a JCPenney

I was denied a JCPenney card back in Jan when I applied online. Does anyone know if you have a better chance getting approved if you apply in the store?

The reasons for denial were

Age of oldest account
Number of accounts in collection status
Ratio of revolving account balances to revolving credit lines

*My oldest account is 2005
*I had 4 collections when they pulled the report and 1 just got knocked off. I'm disputing the other 3 right now because they were in BK and still are reporting open

Any advice on this?? :confused:
16 years 1 month ago #214
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic LOL (lauging out loud)....hehheheehehe! Just

LOL (lauging out loud)....hehheheehehe! Just kidding, I know you know what that means. The BK is bankrupt. Here is another link for you to look at that we made up called "Short typing", it is a list of words that has things like, bk, co (charge offs), and so on.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100016
Sorry for not explaining it, dont worry about the duhhh's in here because I run across them myself. Sometimes I feel like just slapping myself in the face.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad the links helped you.
16 years 1 month ago #215

Replied by lmartin on topic Hi Meya, My oldest Card is

Hi Meya,

My oldest Card is the JC Penny one, received i 08/2006. Forget me for being dumb but what is bk? lol I will use your suggestions. Thanks a bunch! : )
16 years 1 month ago #216

Replied by lmartin on topic Imartin, how old is your

Imartin, how old is your oldest credit card? Everytime you apply for a credit card and the lender pulls a copy of your credit report which is called hard inquiry, it hurts your score regardless of you get approved or not.

My oldest credit card is the JC Penny one which I got in 8/2006. I received the First Premeir card in July of last year. I have never been late on either one of them.
16 years 1 month ago #217
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic How old are your current

How old are your current credit cards? How many baddies do you have, and are you in bk? Before you apply, click this link and take a look at who applied for certain credit cards and received one in your score range
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml

Then go to this link to match your score with cards that fall into your credit score category
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

keep in mind that there are some cards that will approve you with lower scores than what you are searching for. Like hjm331 mentioned, Capital one is a great place to start. Then try Hooters, Orchardbank, and Travelocity Mastercard,

1. Capital one https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card884.php
2. Hooters http://www.hooterscard.com/menu/home.aspx
3. Orchard https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card957.php
4. Travelocity http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promotions/0,,TRAVELOCITY%7C3415%7C23,00.html

I hope this helps!
16 years 1 month ago #218

Replied by hjm331 on topic Imartin, how old is your

Imartin, how old is your oldest credit card? Everytime you apply for a credit card and the lender pulls a copy of your credit report which is called hard inquiry, it hurts your score regardless of you get approved or not.
16 years 1 month ago #219

Replied by lmartin on topic Hi Meya - Thanks a

Hi Meya - Thanks a bunch for sharing with us, it's a big help for folks like me! I'm in the process of trying to increase my credit score but afraid of applying for secured credit cards because I may get rejected and inturn, decrease my already low score. I just pulled my FICO, which is (584) and right now my scores are:

EXP:600
TRU:584
EQU:580

I currently have 2 open accounts, JC Penny's, First Premier, and a car payment which I've payed really good on and only have 2 more payments left. Which card do you suggest that I apply for next with a good chance of success? :cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #220
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic What is the purpose of

What is the purpose of so many, just asking?

Well all I can say is that it was my choice to have these cards and 3 have been closed since you have read this (or do you see it now). I will get to the 800 club soon with the cards that I do have, so it does not matter about what you have, it is all about how long have you had them and how well you can pay on them.

I came from the low 400's and I am in the 668-680's as we speak, what got me to the 668-680's was when I applied for more accounts. Some people like to have 3 cards and some like to have just one, but I took the motion to go for the "Love Button" and I have not failed yet (knock on wood)...lol.

Basically, it is by choice, you are going to run across many people in here that is rebuilding and want to have as many cards as they can get. When you have been messing up your credit all your life, it is a rush to apply and see the word approved. This is my story, let's wait and see what someone else says.....next.
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #221

Replied by Attagirl on topic Why in gods green earth

Why in gods green earth would anyone need so many cards. Did you know that the amount of revolving credit or credit cards does effect your credit score, and you would likely be more in the 800 if you did not have so many cards.

What is the purpose of so many, just asking?
16 years 2 months ago #222

Replied by hjm331 on topic GK, thanks for that very

GK, thanks for that very valuable info ;) Unfortunately, I'm not attending school right now because I just want to stay focused on expanding my dad's business because it's a full time job. I'll probably have to sit this one out and wait a couple years until my credit history is long enough for the creditors to give me the card that I deserve.
16 years 3 months ago #223

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Wow! That is one heck

Wow! That is one heck of a list :) I think you have uploaded all of them. It can be really helpful to those who are seeking for a suitable credit card.
16 years 3 months ago #224

Replied by gk8491 on topic When I came to US

When I came to US I got Citi Dividend Platinum Card for College Students($3000 CL) and Citi mtvU Platinum Select Card for College Students ($ 1500 CL) with zero credit history in this country. 6 month latter I was approved for Discover Classic for Students ($1000 CL) and American Express Blue for Students card ( $ 500 CL). Try those cards hmj 331. They are very easy to get approved for new in this country, young people and/or people with very limited credit history. You must be a student, of course. :cool: :cheesing:
16 years 3 months ago #225