No pre set Spending Limit

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: No pre set Spending Limit

I could use my BOA Signature Card's all day, everyday, putting everything I spend on those cards and BOA will not budge as far as a credit limit increase is concerned. I do this type of spending / charging on my AMEX and I have more than twice the combined spending power of both my BOA cards. So in this scenario a line of credit is easier to obtain through AMEX than a credit line increase through BOA.

I've experienced the same thing with B of A as well they seem to have become very conservative with credit limit increases. However they keep upgrading my account about every year. Started out as regular Visa then a worldpoints visa. Then early last year without notice I checked online and it was a visa signature. In april 2011 they offered me they're Accelerated cash rewards AMEX card as a upgrade. This card also has a flexible spending feature as well. Which I wasn't aware of until I called and asked them about it. Before I accepted they're offer. They also changed all my worldpoints into cash at the time of upgrade. Already got my first fifty dollars redeemed and working on the next.
12 years 6 months ago #16
  • smcc811
  • smcc811's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by smcc811 on topic Re: No pre set Spending Limit

I could use my BOA Signature Card's all day, everyday, putting everything I spend on those cards and BOA will not budge as far as a credit limit increase is concerned. I do this type of spending / charging on my AMEX and I have more than twice the combined spending power of both my BOA cards. So in this scenario a line of credit is easier to obtain through AMEX than a credit line increase through BOA.
12 years 6 months ago #17

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: No pre set Spending Limit

Just checked my spending ability on my Amex Premier Gold Card (no preset spending limit ), the site says it will approve a $25K purchase. Now my BOA Visa Signature cards (also no pre set spending limit ) have a 10K limit and their is no way they would approve a purchase of that magnitude. Now both institutions look at your accounts ( all have credit amounts, nothing owed ) and all read from the same Credit Bureaus. Why such the discrepancy ?

You could buy a car with that card! :laugh:
12 years 6 months ago #18
  • smcc811
  • smcc811's Avatar Topic Author

was created by smcc811

Just checked my spending ability on my Amex Premier Gold Card (no preset spending limit ), the site says it will approve a $25K purchase. Now my BOA Visa Signature cards (also no pre set spending limit ) have a 10K limit and their is no way they would approve a purchase of that magnitude. Now both institutions look at your accounts ( all have credit amounts, nothing owed ) and all read from the same Credit Bureaus. Why such the discrepancy ?
12 years 6 months ago #19