Discover Card Issues

• derek1061
  • derek1061's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

I absolutely agree, there has to be something wrong internally with Discover. I mean I love my Discover card, but if it will be of no benefit to me then I think maybe I should just close it
12 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

No. Discover still has not started reporting to the credit bureaus, I called Experian, Transunion, and Equifax myself and they told me that Discover has NOT given them any information to report. I don't really know what to do, should I keep it, even though it may never be reported to the credit bureaus?

Opened my Discover More account on September 26, 2011 and they statement cut off on the fourth of each month. No reporting. In my case my new FNBO Bucks Back account cost me a drop of twenty-four points from 804 to 780 in my FICO Scores so I am letting my Discover Card matter sit for awhile. They do have a system reporting problem... of this I am convinced or we wouldn't both be saying the same thing.
12 years 5 months ago #2
  • derek1061

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

No. Discover still has not started reporting to the credit bureaus, I called Experian, Transunion, and Equifax myself and they told me that Discover has NOT given them any information to report. I don't really know what to do, should I keep it, even though it may never be reported to the credit bureaus?
12 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by PhynanciallySavvy on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

Ok so I pulled my Equifax credit report and noticed that my Discover More credit card is not being reported to them. I recently opened this card in 8/11 so I thought that, that was the issue. I called Discover earlier today and asked, they said that Discover has been reporting my account since September 13, 2011. I don't know whats going on, or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek, do you have an update for this issue? Has everything worked out?
12 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

Something new with discover this year! They offer double cash back on catogories that are normally one percent on your birth month. They didn't do this before. That's pretty damn cool I think!
12 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by PhynanciallySavvy on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

Derek, don't panic yet. You said you only opened the account in August, which means you haven't even had two full billing cycles yet. The first one is the longest anyway, but be grateful for that! I have had a Discover card for 10 months now, and they always report to all 3 CB's within 1-2 days after a billing cycle ends, which also coincides with a new statement. The only exception that caused a 3-4 day delay to report was if the cycle ended on a Sat or Sun of a 3-day holiday weekend.

Also, among the three bureaus, the timeliness in reporting new accounts and inquiries on my CR's goes in this order:

1. Experian (fastest)
2. Equifax
3. Transunion (snail)

-PS
12 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Discover Card Issues

Generally, the problem rests with the credit grantor to trace the reporting problem. I found a bank that had not been reporting any of its credit card members for four years and they did not know it. It took the bank and Transunion a month to get the glitch fixed. Since Discover likley reports to all three CB's they are the one's to find the reporting problem and to fix it. My new account has closed and not reported yet. Now that you have said something, I will monitor and contact them in a few more days about non-reporting.
12 years 5 months ago #7
  • derek1061

was created by derek1061

Ok so I pulled my Equifax credit report and noticed that my Discover More credit card is not being reported to them. I recently opened this card in 8/11 so I thought that, that was the issue. I called Discover earlier today and asked, they said that Discover has been reporting my account since September 13, 2011. I don't know whats going on, or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12 years 5 months ago #8