Applied Bank Credit Card

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

Good link, but to tell you the truth, there are a whole lot more needed to be added. Let's not forget about the big "Tribute, Imagine, Rewards 660, Aspire,...etc." Don't be too afraid MR85, its not like you made a huge mistake, you just applied to a card that you had no other choice to make at that time. What Kiejon9 and a lot of us will tell you is that, it is a rip off to us (those who struggled and accomplished better scores, or already have good credit) because we do not have to apply for a card that will rip our pockets off. That is the main reason why we do not like to see our members apply for them.

Majority of members that enrolled in FG has already made that choice due to less knowledge about any other card offers. While you are here, we try our best to have new members with poor-fair scores apply for the best cards on this site. You still have a chance to apply for better cards and close the harsh ones. It is better if you just applied for cards like those above when canceling, but if you already established history with the card, then it is best to keep it until you have cleaned up baddies, and qualified to apply for prime cards. I am in this boat as I speak! :embarrassed:
15 years 6 months ago #31

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

this card has been report on rip- off report.com look it up

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/298/RipOff0298709.htm
15 years 6 months ago #32

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: AppliedBank Credit Card Concerns

I have the Applied Bank Secured Card. I will hold on to it for another 6 months. I have not had any problems with this card. I use it quite often and pay in full each month.
mrrob
15 years 6 months ago #33

Replied by MR85 on topic AppliedBank Credit Card Concerns

Hello.

I am concerned about a lot of concerning information I have been hearing about regarding Applied Bank, formerly known as Cross Country Bank.

I recently applied for a secured card from them, and after reading some horror stories from some of their customers as well as learning about several class action lawsuits which have cost them millions in the past, I am seriously concerned about what I have gotten myself into.

The company itself has proven nigh impossible to contact. I have tried contacting them by phone and email. The customer support line they have just redirects me into an endless loop, and I have been unable to actually contact them to cancel my application.

As for the email, I have simply received no response.

Thankfully, my credit card is currently in pending status, so I have at a bare minimum never actually activated or used the card. If I am lucky, perhaps it will just deny, though they already have the required deposit, so I think that will be unlikely.

In any case, I spoke with someone at another forum who suggested that I take my question here for additional insight into the matter.

Am I just being paranoid, or do I need to be concerned?

Here are some links to some articles which have raised red flags for me:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_center/2003/apr/apr03a_03.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/cross_country_pa.html

http://directmag.com/news/marketing_states_sue_cross/
15 years 6 months ago #34

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

It's not anywhere close to being free. :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #35

This card has been around for years vix, trust me, it is not free.
15 years 8 months ago #36

Replied by finvik on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

never heard of this card. if it is free it is going to hurt you somewhere in the longer run. so beware
vix
15 years 8 months ago #37

Oops, my bad :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #38

You got it. :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #39
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

Eric already mentioned that in the post above mines.

LOL thanks for havin my back bro...haha
15 years 9 months ago #40

Eric already mentioned that in the post above mines.
15 years 9 months ago #41

Dont leave out Cap 1:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #42

Cards from HSBC and Hooters are also good choices for credit rebuilders.
15 years 9 months ago #43
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Applied Bank Credit Card

Just wanted to know if anyone here has heard of this bank's credit card (they offer a secured card). My DH received an offer in the mail and I told him to hold off appling until I could get some more information.

TIA,
rwmtd

Yea I had recieved a notification in the mail for this card back in May 2007 offering me a $1500 CL which at the time would have been my highest so I took them up on their offer...it was an ok card until I had to pay online. Which they want I think it was like $7 for a ONLINE PAYMENT! I paid it twice on their website to avoid a late fee or payment. I think I was just too lazy. Finally I added it to my WAMU bill pay for my checking account to pay them via a check and I wouldnt pay the $7 for a online payment. Also the APR was to be desired...19.99% and also the 'monthly' maintenence fee drove me up the wall because there were some months were I didnt have a balance but I had a fee...the card does issue CLI's after 6 months and they are pretty good. I closed the account and transferred my balance to my BofA OSU MC in Dec 2007...so I didnt have the account for long but If he is rebuilding then go for it but be prepared to pay a few fees...if he has ok credit...leave this card alone and head to Cap1 or BofA.
15 years 9 months ago #44

Is it me or do they only have one topic in their credit card forum?:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #45