Barclay's

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Barclay's

So far it stands at "rumor". There has been no valid or sound results on this issue so far. This has rumor has been going on since 2006 and the only thing I have seen so far is that Bofa has jointed USAirmiles mastercard and is Barlcays financial backer for the the card. Merrill Lynce does have intentions to sell to bofa but until this actully happen, I have no positive answer.
:worried: :confused:
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Barclay's

Does anyone have any information on this regarding Barclay's Bank? Anyone? Anyone?
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Barclay's

Does anyone know if BoA is buying ALL of Barclay's cards, or just some? It seems odd that Barclay's would buy Juniper, just to sell out to BoA a few months later...
15 years 9 months ago #18

I have heard of juniper doing the decreases, but so have other cards. Some people were so mad when they were out decreasing and repossesing thier cards back when they had the big glinch in their systems. I know a few who stopped posting altogether because of it:scared:

I have no problems so far, so I am all good with them.
15 years 9 months ago #19
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Barclay's

I am trying to be extra good wih this new barclay juniper account. just went online a made a payment for 79.00 towards the annual fee. :confused: My balance says 0. I want to do a transfer and have it all at 0 percent so I need to pay that off first the purchases are set at 18.24%
15 years 9 months ago #20
  • Tynece

Do they decrease you becasue of use on thier card or others? Do you know?
15 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Barclay's

I have heard that they tend to decrease credit limits for some consumers like AMEX. I suggest you always have a back-up.
15 years 9 months ago #22
  • Tynece

I applied for the United Airways Card becasue they mailed me an offer in the mail preprinted with my frequent flyer info on it. So I looked on other people's comments and decided I did not want it. Then I was tempted and applied and was declined due to too many recent inquiries. Needless to say after starting this thread and doing some research on the bank I found the back door number this afternoon and called an analyst. Explained I only applied for the BOA account inquiry to get the amex to shop at Costco. He asked me a few questions then said I can get you approved. Will $10000.00 be ok for you? I said Sure that will be fine. I logged on to the app status and it let me register my account and everything today. So far so good I guess but I heard other people's horror stories so I am not so sure about them just yet. Has anyone had any good experiences with them?
15 years 9 months ago #23

They are here. I have Travelocity Mastercard, and yes Itunes and Carnival Seamiles are Barclays also. They are bk friendly, but they are about slow as hsbc when it comes to cli's. Bank of America is buying barclays cards, I do know that the US Airmiles is already transfered to bofa.
15 years 9 months ago #24
  • Tynece

I hear they are BK friendly. Alot of thier cards are not listed or evaluated here. If allowed maybe we can get some of them added to the fg.
15 years 9 months ago #25
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Barclay's

yes the Juniper card associated w/apple is run by Barclay's. They have alot of nice airline and reward cards.
15 years 9 months ago #26

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Barclay's

Are they affiliated with Juniper

Yes, I believe Barclay's bought Juniper.
15 years 9 months ago #27
  • Tynece

Are they affiliated with Juniper
15 years 9 months ago #28

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Barclay's

I personally have not had any experience with the bank nor the credit cards but heard some good things.
15 years 9 months ago #29
  • Tynece

was created by Tynece

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp

I hear some of thier cards are good for building. Does anyone have any experiences with any of these cards from this bank?
15 years 9 months ago #30