Online Banking

Replied by saurabh on topic yes i use online banking.i

yes i use online banking.i am having accounts in two banks and online banking allows me to easily transfer money from one bank to another.its really a good thing.
16 years 3 weeks ago #16

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I suppose it does make

I suppose it does make sense, you don't have to go several buildings or use phone credit to pay the bills. I've never heard of billpay untill now so I might go google it and see what its all about.
16 years 3 weeks ago #17

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic Price, dh and I are

Price, dh and I are to the point where we don't even look at our paper statements from the bank. We check our account every day, at least twice a day, but sometimes 3 or 4. I know I've been in the habit (for years) of waking up in the morning, and surfing the web while the family is still asleep. I check e-mail, banking and then I hit the forums. I do the same thing in the evening, and throughout the day whenever I get on the computer.

My bank also has it set up where whenever we go over or under a certain amount I get an e-mail.

And all of our bills are paid via online billpay. I even have the family doctor's name in our billpay. The only recurring bill that we have that we don't pay online would be my son's lunch money.

Online billpay is great. :cool:
16 years 3 weeks ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Mroeiprice, you might find a

Mroeiprice, you might find a better answer if you re-direct your posting to this thread. Please copy and paste.
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100182
16 years 3 weeks ago #19

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I supppose changing your passwords

I supppose changing your passwords would help in making it more secure. Do you really use online banking for everything? I don't know if I would be able to pay all my bills via the innternet. Has any one used Lloyds online banking system? If so is it easy to use?
16 years 3 weeks ago #20

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic I've used online banking for

I've used online banking for the last 7 years, and online billpay for the last 4 years. I've never questioned the security issue. Maybe I should, but that little encryption lock that pops up at the bottom of the screen makes me feel very secure. And I have never had any security issues with my online accounts. At least non that I know of. I'm prompted to change my ID and PW every 3 months.

Online billpay is one of the greatest inventions. The only time I write a check is for my son's school lunch money. Its been years since the last time I bought a book of stamps.
16 years 3 weeks ago #21

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I don't want to put

I don't want to put a downer on online banking, but I don't reckon I could do it personally. I just don't feel secure enough to do transactions like that over the Internet. So for those who use online banking, what do you feel is secure about it?
16 years 3 weeks ago #22

Replied by Meya on topic For security purposes, I will

For security purposes, I will say yes. Protect my money and identity baby!
:laugh: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #23

Replied by jillg123 on topic Hi I am definitely hooked

Hi

I am definitely hooked on my online banking. It is just so convenient and makes life easier. The only thing which annoys me is having such a complicated log in and security check to remember. You don't get this on other sites which say they are secure. Is it necessary for online banking to have such a long log in?

Have a good day

Jill
16 years 1 month ago #24

Replied by sophie on topic I am surprised you would

I am surprised you would think it is a pressure to do online banking, its pressure not too. Get out your kit and start immediately, you will thank me once you see how user friendly and convenient it is to use.

16 years 1 month ago #25

Replied by descorpio on topic I have got my internet

I have got my internet kit to access my bank account and am yet to use it. But i know that its a pressure for us to sit at home in front of the system and access everything with just a mouse click. So here onwards i need to go out just to make withdraws from ATM and for deposits. And am just wondering about this sector which is growing in a rapid pace and they develop such technologies to make their customer alive and happy.
16 years 1 month ago #26

Replied by Meya on topic I like the fact that

I like the fact that when you do write a check you can see an image of it on your online account

Both sides at that!
:laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #27

Replied by sophie on topic That was my point. I

That was my point. I use a check once a month. I don’t like money orders. Keeping track of online payments are easy. I like the fact that when you do write a check you can see an image of it on your online account.

16 years 1 month ago #28

Replied by Meya on topic Bofa makes it easy to

Bofa makes it easy to keep track of, the best thing that I like about itisthat you can go online and edit your payments to whatever you want it to say. When I use checks, i go in and edit it to "Rent" or "For shcool pics" (examples). Yeah they do charge for the check books but with the flexibility of online payments, I have not ordered a check book every since wheeeeew, 2002 I guess.
:cheesing: :cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #29

Replied by liowkc on topic I think we better keep

I think we better keep our checks unless you want to pay rent/mortgages with money orders or cashier checks. There are still some traditionals around.

Checks serve as good records while it is sometimes difficult to keep track of my online payments. For me, I usually pay my bllls online because my bank charges a fee for the checkbook. :cheesing: :cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #30