Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

found a couple of sites that compared the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the IPHONE. What it basically came down to is which phone best suits your needs.
14 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

Well... it is time for an old guy to weigh in. Have had the ATT IPhone and the Verizon Storm. For me it is more than I need or can handle. I watch other people using it as a TV and frankly I watched the football game Monday night while I was suppose to be working at a meeting. Loved it but could not handle it (too bad). The "Storm" is a real piece of work and my idea is forget it. As to the ATT IPhone great. Now into another side of all this... COST My gosh by the time you start with the basic calling plan, add in the extras you can easily be at $100 to $140+ a month... and I found that between Sprint (friend has one), ATT and Verizon for connection beyond the city limits Verizon has it. I travel to the outback and Verizon blows the competition away for system availability. If you stay near civilization and main metro areas Sprint may have the clearest reliable signal. Food for thought... Also when I got through with the 30 day trial periods and monthly costs, I went back to a simpler cell phone with extras and a camera. :cool:
14 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I can tell you from my view (tech geek?) that the Palm Pre, all Google android phones, and the iPhone are the best smart-phones. This is only my opinion... And I personally value the iPhone the most. Is the HTC going to be running android?
14 years 5 months ago #3
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Since Sprint lags behind AT&T and Verizon, the 30 day trial period gives its current customer base a sense of calm so as not to purchase a phone that doesn't fit your needs or doesn't live up to your expectations. The Palm Pre wasn't exactly the splash Sprint thought it would be. The HTC Touch Pro 2, if it can live up to the business world, should temporarily even the playing field with the IPHONE. I know the younger generation will love all the features, I'm sure I will too, but as some claim who have it that its a mini laptop, I'm hoping it lives up to that billing. Thanks yellowd1 for keeping us all posted as I will wait on your revew and along with my current research I hope to make a rational decision when they hit my area on the 13th
14 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I too am a Sprint customer- I have the Reclaim which is great..I know of too many people who have broken the Razr so I never thought about it-EVER!!lol..I too was looking into the HTC Pro2- I have a business account and got the option to purchase- and if dissatisfied can return it within 30 days..If you have a business account look into that option as it is different from consumer accts. I will be purchasing mine tomorrow and will give it a few test days....

I am on my famliy's plan even though I pay the bill. I don't think that T-mobile has a thing of try a phone out for 30 days and it's been well past the 30 days. My mother decided when our contract would be up, that she would upgrade all our phones. She needed a new one badly because she dropped her old phone in water and fried the SIM chip. She decided that we were going to have all the same phone. I have to make sure that I have my phone on me due to the fact that my dad and I have the same phone and the same carrying case and a few times he has taken my cell phone to work by mistake. Well, I have a different wall paper than he does and it isn't hard to flip it open and realize that it isn't yours.
14 years 5 months ago #5
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Yellowd1 that would be great ! Hopefully the phone lives up to the hype. Thanks !
14 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by yellowd1 on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I just got the Razr2 v8 and it's okay. The reason I say it's okay is that it's just almost too much phone for me and I don't like the layout of it. I prefer the Samsung phones because I have never been able to destroy one. The Razrs seem to be way to frail.

I too am a Sprint customer- I have the Reclaim which is great..I know of too many people who have broken the Razr so I never thought about it-EVER!!lol..I too was looking into the HTC Pro2- I have a business account and got the option to purchase- and if dissatisfied can return it within 30 days..If you have a business account look into that option as it is different from consumer accts. I will be purchasing mine tomorrow and will give it a few test days.....:fun:
14 years 5 months ago #7

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I just got the Razr2 v8 and it's okay. The reason I say it's okay is that it's just almost too much phone for me and I don't like the layout of it. I prefer the Samsung phones because I have never been able to destroy one. The Razrs seem to be way to frail.
14 years 5 months ago #8
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

There is some similarity Meya, at least the cost are about the same ($349) and your right about how expensive either of these phones are. If you get a chance Google HTC Pro Touch 2 and you will get an idea of the phone or their is always YouTube.

Done research on the phone Meya and like other phones you have your "I love it" and your "you have to be kidding me". Sprint gives you a 30 day "try me out" option and if I decide to purchase the phone, this is the way I will go. I was hoping that the Touch Screen participants here at FG can help out since our community is so diverse.

On another tip Meya, do your research and if the phone meets your needs and you don't have to get in a HELOC to purchase it, by all means treat yourself !
14 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

Smcc, i think I saw that phone on commercial break during yesterdays NFL games. Take a look at this one and see if it is very similar, it is the Nuvifone (TM) G60, which just arrived. Im thnking about purchasing it, but scared because I have never spent that much on a cell phone in my life. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Nuvifone(TM)+G60&q_sku=sku4000279
File Attachment:
14 years 5 months ago #10
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I know of many who like the IPHONE and you two are right, their have been namy phones to come out that were labeled "IPHONE" killers. The HTC Touch Pro 2 is the real deal though. I knew the Palm Pre offered by Sprint would not live up to its billing but I think this time Sprint got it right. But as always time will tell....................

Since I don't have a touch screen and a BlackBerry I am looking for the following functionality in the HTC Touch Pro 2 or even the IPHONE for that matter:
  • The ability to take notes while on the phone using whatever app is available, i.e. Notepad, Word, etc..
  • The ability to forward txt messages while on the phone
  • Working with multiple apps while on the phone
  • Conference Calling - the HTC Touch Pro 2 lays claim to having a maximum 11 people on a conference call
  • Battery life - The drawback, so I have read, is that with heavy usage the battery might last the day with the HTC Touch Pro 2
The glitz, i.e. Large Screen, better resolution, Camera, GPS, etc., are all nice but from a business standpoint the above features are more important to me. Thanks for your feedback regarding the IPHONE, but looking for anyone who owns the HTC Touch Pro 2 or is considering purchasing one and their opinion on the device.
14 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I agree with Joeyman,

I have an IPhone as well, and it almost convinced me to buy a MAC and get rid of my PC. I didn't though because PC's are faster from a hardware perspective. The software though is first class and stable, unlike most operating systems.

I have also heard alot from Blackberry users that have turned to the IPhone that will never look back.

The two top features of the iPhone is the touch screen. It's responsive and accurate. Apps also hit the top of the list. Nice business tools and functional programs. And did I say games, games, games??? :laugh:
14 years 5 months ago #12

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Touch Screen Cell Phones / HTC Touch Pro 2

I personally have an iPhone and I love it. I guess it just depends on what you wish to do? In general I think the iPhone is well worth it, but for the record there have been several so called "iPhone killers." ;) If your worried about your specific bank not working with an iPhone app; I suggest you look into services like Mint.com or something similar. They provide financial services via their website and on the iPhone. Just go onto your iTunes under the app store and search for banking... or something. And see what shows up.

Hope I didn't jump to the conclusion that it's a matter of banking? :dumbfounded:
14 years 5 months ago #13
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

Saw a post on Cell Phones and credit and didn't think this post would work there.

For you touch screen cell phone users, HTC has come out with a phone named the HTC Touch Pro 2. In some circles its labeled an "IPHONE" killer. The reason for this post is I'm a BlackBerry User (8830 model) and I'm thinking about upgrading to this new phone via Sprint. Does anyone currently own this phone and if they do is it all what the reviewers in most blogs claim it to be ?

What I need to know is if this phone is a logical upgrade to my Blackberry ? The glitz of Touch Screen cell phones is fine but from a business standpoint functionality, capability, and reliability are more important for me. All input is appreciated as always
14 years 5 months ago #14