Hurricane Sandy

Replied by Medi on topic Hurricane Matthew

I'm sad to hear that the total death count has risen above two dozen; my condolences to them and their families. Some areas are still without electricity, some areas are still experiencing the flood. Thankfully, I'm safe, so I hope this will pass away quickly for those involved.
7 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by patse on topic Re: Hurricane Sandy

Anyone affected by Hurricane Mathew? This was a horrible one. The death count is still rising. I can't believe all of the flooding!
7 years 6 months ago #2
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Hurricane Sandy

Absolutely agreed. Yes, there are some people that are stuck there, namely emergency and state workers, hospital staff etc. that have no choice.

However, if you are in harms way, and knew it and could have evacuated, then finger-crossing may be appropriate. There will be people and families that thought they were in a safe zone that will be caught off guard.

God bless.
11 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by smcc811 on topic Re: Hurricane Sandy

You know FG one thing that made me smile ( hard to believe in this scenario ) was Governor Christie of New Jersey, He basically said " If you haven't left for a safer environment we are not coming to get you, you are on your own " Most officials try to be politically correct in times like this but Christie was point blank and I smiled because that attitude should be taken by more officials.

Like FG said, if your safe, then great, if your hunkered down and staying be safe, and if you can still leave, then why are you reading this and not getting to a safer place ?
11 years 5 months ago #4
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those in harm's way. Please stay safe and calm, and remember people come first, then pets, then things.
11 years 5 months ago #5