OMG it's June 2011?!

Replied by Nuovocapitolo on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

Happy Belated!!!
12 years 7 months ago #1
  • Joeyman
  • Joeyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

After 21 You can look forward to 25 When you get a car insurance rate reduction. LOL !!! Anyone else have high water marks that we achieve as we get older.

Excellent point. I have actually been using public transit and my bicycle for the last two years because it's must cheaper and more efficient. Especially, with my employer incentives. Just two weeks ago I decided to quote some auto insurance, sure enough it is down to $72/month now (down from $150 two years ago), I started the policy and got my car licensed again. My car was sitting at my parents... it just needed an oil change and some little things done, the whole process cost me about $400 (licensing, 1st months insurance, parts, etc.). We did it all ourselves.
12 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

We're going out to my favorite Italian restaurant tonight, then hitting some bars! The fun starts at 6 PM Pacific time. Think of me tonight if you drink a beer! LOL ~

Happy Birthday Joeyman!!!!!!! Have fun and enjoy it!!
After 21 You can look forward to 25 When you get a car insurance rate reduction. LOL !!! Anyone else have high water marks that we achieve as we get older.
12 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

Sounds great! I think I will sip some Heineken for ya! Be safe and get a DD for sure. Have a great memorable time Joey!
12 years 8 months ago #4
  • Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

We're going out to my favorite Italian restaurant tonight, then hitting some bars! The fun starts at 6 PM Pacific time. Think of me tonight if you drink a beer! LOL ~ :cool:
12 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

I turn 21 tomorrow! Osnap!

Happy birthday, no doubt!!! What are your BIG plans?
12 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

I turn 21 tomorrow! Osnap!

Totally cool :laugh: !
12 years 8 months ago #7
  • Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I turn 21 tomorrow! Osnap! :fun:
12 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

In this day and age, anyone with a pulse is going to get a violation ticket.

Yup. The cities need the income :worried:
12 years 9 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

In this day and age, anyone with a pulse is going to get a violation ticket.
12 years 9 months ago #10

Understand your Dad. Back to the wall so no one sneaks up like cops, soldiers, whoever... This is a big thing. Yes, in Special Forces being a paratrooper was mandatory.

He never had anything bad to say about cops. In fact this one time we got pulled over and my dad had some sort of military ID card. I don't know if he handed that to the cop along with his DL on purpose or on accident but the cop gave my dad the ID and DL back and said that he would never give a vet a ticket. So he sent us off with a warning. That was pretty cool.
12 years 9 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: OMG it's June 2011?!

I turned 22 two months ago so you're not that far off. :cool:
12 years 9 months ago #12

It is still that way....18 year old kids can go and get blown up but they can't legally drink. Honestly, I don't think the 3 years makes any difference. I mean, do we just wake up responsible on our 21st birthdays? Become better drivers at 25 and thus qualify for huge car insurance savings? And then at 55 something happens that makes us want to join AARP? At 65 we should retire? I love it. The government must have some sort of statistician that comes up with this stuff.

My father was in Vietnam, Army. He was a paratrooper. He never liked to talk about it. That war messed him up. He always had to sit with his back against the wall and this one time I popped a balloon in the back of the car and he freaked out. I say let the law makers go to battle instead......

Understand your Dad. Back to the wall so no one sneaks up like cops, soldiers, whoever... This is a big thing. Yes, in Special Forces being a paratrooper was mandatory.
12 years 9 months ago #13

In Minnesota... it was ok to go to war but you could not drink until you were 21 years old. The big thing was "...now I am legal...". In the days of old, when you were in the military it was ok to drink when you were 18 years old. So taking the shackles off meant legal drinking. We were guaranteed a trip virtually to Vietnam in the US Army or Marines so growing up fast was a way of life. Between 1964 and 1966... four of my graduating classmates were killed in actions in Vietnam so getting to the age of 21 years old had deeper meanings to some of us (draft then). Then on top of it... I was voluntarily (NOT) assigned to the US Army Special Forces and a whole different life style than regular army. So being 21 years old meant a lot.

It is still that way....18 year old kids can go and get blown up but they can't legally drink. Honestly, I don't think the 3 years makes any difference. I mean, do we just wake up responsible on our 21st birthdays? Become better drivers at 25 and thus qualify for huge car insurance savings? And then at 55 something happens that makes us want to join AARP? At 65 we should retire? I love it. The government must have some sort of statistician that comes up with this stuff.

My father was in Vietnam, Army. He was a paratrooper. He never liked to talk about it. That war messed him up. He always had to sit with his back against the wall and this one time I popped a balloon in the back of the car and he freaked out. I say let the law makers go to battle instead......
12 years 9 months ago #14

By "took of the shackles" you mean you were 21 in 1967? I was 11 in 1990 but I do remember it. It was about that time that I learned what Savings & Loans were.

But yes, enjoy 21 whilst it lasts because it does go by fast. I never dreamed about being in my 30s when I was younger LOL.

In Minnesota... it was ok to go to war but you could not drink until you were 21 years old. The big thing was "...now I am legal...". In the days of old, when you were in the military it was ok to drink when you were 18 years old. So taking the shackles off meant legal drinking. We were guaranteed a trip virtually to Vietnam in the US Army or Marines so growing up fast was a way of life. Between 1964 and 1966... four of my graduating classmates were killed in actions in Vietnam so getting to the age of 21 years old had deeper meanings to some of us (draft then). Then on top of it... I was voluntarily (NOT) assigned to the US Army Special Forces and a whole different life style than regular army. So being 21 years old meant a lot.
12 years 9 months ago #15