safe to invest now?

Replied by princee18 on topic I think Google is definitely

I think Google is definitely doing well relative to most of the market. But I don't think you can ever say the stock market is "safe" -- just more risk or less risk.

we can only predict through observing the trend and using the experience.We never know when the rising market may slump down so we can only consider the low risk areas as safe.So, you cant escape from the risk factor.
15 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by alpha on topic I think Google is definitely

I think Google is definitely doing well relative to most of the market. But I don't think you can ever say the stock market is "safe" -- just more risk or less risk.
16 years 6 days ago #2

Replied by Finance Globe on topic I know what you mean,

I know what you mean, but it has established that marketers are more likely to turn to the internet for marketing as tough times arise. This gives them more control and measurements from their ads. Plus, comparison shopping online is the fastest way to save. Anyway, I'm not a Google day-trader. I'm in it for long term growth, and I believe in the strategies and solid leadership of this company.
16 years 6 days ago #3

Replied by Scribes on topic I wouldn't look for Google

I wouldn't look for Google to keep it up though. They can hem and haw about the good financial outlook all they want, but the bottom line is, they don't make money unless their advertisers make money, and as this economy really starts to tumble and prices rise, that means less people buying from less of those advertisers. I just don't see how Google can continue to profit if consumers aren't going to.
16 years 1 week ago #4

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Way to go Google, I

Way to go Google, I knew they wouldn't let us down! The stock bounced back at 17% / $76.42 per share after hours after releasing its Q1 2008 earnings call.
:cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #5

Replied by sanjay on topic hi there i too have invest

hi there
i too have invest a lot of my share of money in google and the result was never disappointing.Looking at its trend i feel that it is good but still nothing canm be said about stocks.
16 years 1 week ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic While I'm not an expert,

While I'm not an expert, I am a Google stock investor. From what I can see, investors are taking profits in most stocks (after the price goes up, investors cash in and the price declines). The only thing that I can say is that stocks have been the way to go, just be prepared to ride on a bumpy road. Just diversify if you think the time is right to give it a shot. The big question is where is the floor?
16 years 1 week ago #7
  • saurabh
  • saurabh's Avatar Topic Author

was created by saurabh

I have been watching google and apple's shares for a while now.
Both apple and google are starting to increase in value after going down quite a lot.

Would it be 'safe' to invest now?
Would i be better in a savings account?
Better options? - i chose these two becasue they are quite big in size and therefore the risk should be reduced.
I would be prepared to invest up to 3000€.
thanks
16 years 1 week ago #8