Trending Private Businesses

Replied by FrankN on topic Trending Private Businesses

I do wish there were more sources available for seeing the trends of private businesses. However because they are private, most do not get to see how they are performing.
6 years 18 hours ago #1

There is a lot of variables there at play so I am not sure that would necessarily hold true.
6 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Moneyes on topic Trending Private Businesses

The only way I see that logic playing out is if the private funding comes at the wrong time that would make profits go down. For example, investing in an upgrade that the public doesn't want or need. This would make the value of the stock go down which would result in some quick selling of the stock. But unless the comapny in question was so huge that it would have a ripple effect on other stocks, I don't see how the market itself would be negatively effected.

But again, you could say the same about public or government funding.
6 years 2 months ago #3

Moneyes wrote:

Joker wrote: If businesses keep getting private funding, the stock market will lose.

How so? Would you like to share with us the reasoning behind that assumption? Or are there facts to back it up?

Also, when Apple started it was a very small business. And it started with prvate funding. Now look at her......all grown up and the darling of Wall Street.

I agree with you Moneyes, I am not sure I understand the logic.
6 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Moneyes on topic Trending Private Businesses

Joker wrote: If businesses keep getting private funding, the stock market will lose.

How so? Would you like to share with us the reasoning behind that assumption? Or are there facts to back it up?

Also, when Apple started it was a very small business. And it started with prvate funding. Now look at her......all grown up and the darling of Wall Street.
6 years 3 months ago #5

I believe the stock market will always have its place, I would not worry about that.
6 years 3 months ago #6
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Trending Private Businesses was created by Joker

If businesses keep getting private funding, the stock market will lose. Taking companies public and selling stock has been a mainstay of large corporations for quite a while now. If that all changes, what will we be investing in?
6 years 4 months ago #7