Mail SPAM Fix

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Mail SPAM Fix

Hi ColoNative, thanks for letting me know about this. I was able to duplicate that issue and reverted back to the old settings for now until I can get that issue fixed.

Sorry for the troubles.

Success! Thank you, FG.
13 years 2 months ago #1
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Mail SPAM Fix

Hi ColoNative, thanks for letting me know about this. I was able to duplicate that issue and reverted back to the old settings for now until I can get that issue fixed.

Sorry for the troubles.
13 years 2 months ago #2

Hi Colonative, it is nice to see you back.

Since implementing the SPAM fix, only friends can email friends, so I would try adding this member as a friend, and once you are accepted, it should work without any issue.

Thanks

Thank you, FG.

I actually tried to add this person as a friend and I received the same error message upon completion that I received when I tried to respond to an email. I also tried to email a friend and again I received the same error message]Warning[/B]]function.in-array[/URL]]]/home/financeg/public_html/SocialNet/functions/auth_functions.php[/B] on line 516

Warning]/home/financeg/public_html/SocialNet/functions/load_functions.php[/B] on line 14"
13 years 2 months ago #3
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Mail SPAM Fix

I have been trying for a few days to email someone. This person is not a friend (officially as far as Finance Globe is concerned). I did try to email someone else who is a friend and I keep getting an error message. Is there something else I should try?

So to the person that emailed me on 1/6, I am not ignoring you-I just can't respond

Hi Colonative, it is nice to see you back.

Since implementing the SPAM fix, only friends can email friends, so I would try adding this member as a friend, and once you are accepted, it should work without any issue.

Thanks
13 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Mail SPAM Fix

I have been trying for a few days to email someone. This person is not a friend (officially as far as Finance Globe is concerned). I did try to email someone else who is a friend and I keep getting an error message. Is there something else I should try?

So to the person that emailed me on 1/6, I am not ignoring you-I just can't respond

It's great to hear from you Colo ^_^
13 years 2 months ago #5

So to the person that emailed me on 1/6, I am not ignoring you-I just can't respond :white-flag:
13 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Mail SPAM Fix

Hi everyone,

It has happened again, I woke up to find that including myself, a few hundred members were sent SPAM in our internal mailbox.

This issue has been fixed, and all members now have protection to only receive messages from friends. You can change this setting in your account settings.

Sorry for the issue, and I hope you did not get any junk mail. Your information and real email address is safe as always and has not been violated.

Mike

Thanks for all your hard work Mike. Thankfully I've never received any e-mail spam from Finance Globe. Ever! Oo, also thanks for adding the link to view our Mail Box in your automated Finance Globe e-mails. Very useful!

Personally, I think e-mail marketing is fun. I've been playing around with it for an online game fan site I built. MailChimp is bomb and free for under 500 subscribers. :cool: It's a great way to increase website traffic.
13 years 2 months ago #7
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

Hi everyone,

It has happened again, I woke up to find that including myself, a few hundred members were sent SPAM in our internal mailbox.

This issue has been fixed, and all members now have protection to only receive messages from friends. You can change this setting in your account settings.

Sorry for the issue, and I hope you did not get any junk mail. Your information and real email address is safe as always and has not been violated.

Mike
13 years 3 months ago #8