Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Forum Login

Re: Forum Login 8 years 6 months ago #1

• Finance Globe
  • Administrator
Remember back a bit when we got the prompt to change our passwords? Well since, my account has been messed up. lol. Like, at home it's fine because I stay logged-in forever. But at work, it's a different story. I try my new password and get an error, try the old one get an error, try the new one get an error, and after trying both a few times it works. The odd thing is once I get logged-in there is still an error message displayed, but clearly I am logged-in because I see my account name & tool bar thing on the right. I recently changed my password and it seems to be a little better, but I still get error messages. If you're seeing lots of error messages it's probably me. I work at a very large hospital and all different IP's.

- Just my two cents.
I just fixed the error message being displayed... I tried to hire 4 other experienced programmers on separate occasions, and they won't get the forum and social network on a single login. I knew I had issues with it, but I was sure that someone more experienced that me would have a solution. Still searching, there is somebody out there! :shocked:

On the other hand, this does seem like a limited issue. I cannot replicate the problem myself, but I have had several members report this issue. However, I want ALL members to not have the inconvenience of this problem. I will get this fixed...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Forum Login 8 years 7 months ago #2

• Finance Globe
  • Administrator
Thanks for the input. I am working with a programmer now to get this problem solved once and for all!

I have thought about a mobile option with the forum, but not with the rest of the site. This may be in the works in due time.

Mike

Re: Forum Login 8 years 7 months ago #3

• Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
Mike, you ever thought about an iOS app (iPhone, iPad, iPod) or mobile site?

Re: Forum Login 8 years 7 months ago #4

• Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
Remember back a bit when we got the prompt to change our passwords? Well since, my account has been messed up. lol. Like, at home it's fine because I stay logged-in forever. But at work, it's a different story. I try my new password and get an error, try the old one get an error, try the new one get an error, and after trying both a few times it works. The odd thing is once I get logged-in there is still an error message displayed, but clearly I am logged-in because I see my account name & tool bar thing on the right. I recently changed my password and it seems to be a little better, but I still get error messages. If you're seeing lots of error messages it's probably me. I work at a very large hospital and all different IP's.

- Just my two cents.

8 years 7 months ago #5

• Finance Globe
  • Administrator
I was curious how many people have had problems logging into the forum after being logged into the Finance Network? I am currently working on a fix for this, and am hiring a programmer experienced with this technology. The only way to fix this as I understand is to reset your password and log back in again.

Basically, when you log-in to the Finance Network, a cookie is placed to also log you in the forum. My goal is to only have 1 cookie, and have the forum look at that one, not the 2nd it is supposed to create. Doing this will eliminate the issue.

I will provide updates here.

Many thanks!