gemb has reduced my credit card limit

• eugene66
  • eugene66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: gemb has reduced my credit card limit

thank you meya , I've had the card about 2 years and cooler heads have prevailed and i will just sock it since there is no annual fee and start using my other cards a little. since i have been on this website,i have learned so much and love the support here that is very genuine.i hope everyone take stock and keep watching out for this because it is happening for real.
15 years 6 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Re: gemb has reduced my credit card limit

A lot of this has been going on. :shocked:
I feel so sorry for you, and I do not blame you when it comes to closing a card because of a decrease. How long have you had the card? If you have years of history, I just say, pay it off and sock drawer it.
15 years 6 months ago #32
  • eugene66
  • eugene66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by eugene66

with all the credit limit decreases going on i decided to keep a extra extra lookout on my accounts online to be prepared and not get caught off guard in unexpected places. well today i looked at my chevron card and noticed that my limit was 460.00 instead of 600.00. I have a few credit cards with no balances but only one with a large balance (hooters 1200cl-900.00 bal). so i emailed them for the reason and in the meanwhile i am going to close the card and tell them to shove it:upset:. I have two more gemb backed accounts(walmart and Dillards)with no balances so they maybe on the chopping block also.I have never been late or overlimit on my cards so the reason must be the economy.I may lose points but you can always rebound and plus the good payment history will stay on my report for 7 years. I am sorry for the rant but when you work hard to build your credit and fullfil your credit obligations only to be slapped in the face it's frustrating.
15 years 6 months ago #33