Re: Request for Removal of Outdated Information

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Request for Removal of Outdated Information

6/17/2009
14 years 9 months ago #1
  • KIEJON9
  • KIEJON9's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Complaint Letter to Delete Inaccurate Information

Re]

To Whom It May Concern:

I formally request that the following inaccurate items be immediately investigated. They must be removed in order to show my true credit history, as these items should not be on my report. By the provisions of 15 USC section 1681i of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I demand that these items be reverified and deleted from my

Since 30 days from the receipt of this letter is your allotted time under the law to reverify these entries, it should be understood that failure to do so within that 30 day period constitutes reason to promptly delete the information from my file (FCRA 15 USC s1681i (5)(A)).

Also, pursuant to 15 USC s1681i (6)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please notify me when the items have been deleted. You may send an updated copy of my credit report to the below address According to the provisions of 15 USC section 1681j, there should be no charge for this notification. Also, please send me names and addresses of individuals you contacted so I may follow up

Sincerely,
15 years 8 months ago #2
  • KIEJON9
  • KIEJON9's Avatar Topic Author

was created by KIEJON9

Re]

To Whom It May Concern Please note that under Sections 605 and 607 of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act you are obligated within 30 days to delete obsolete information from my consumer credit report. The following items on my credit report are more than 7 years old and exceed the statutory time period under this Act, and they must be removed.

Also, pursuant to Section 168 of the same Act, I am entitled to notification that the items have been deleted. Please send an updated copy of my credit report to the below address, as well as to any other party that has inquired about my credit rating in the past 6 months I anticipate your immediate attention to this matter

Sincerely,
15 years 8 months ago #3