Budgeting blog post

Replied by FrankN on topic Budgeting blog post

That is a good idea, Christmas always kills people's budget so if you plan ahead, you are ahead of the game!
8 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by Breakinger on topic Budgeting blog post

I believe that everyone needs to have a budget put in place right from the start. It is one thing that I have noticed a lot of people struggle with. I've always placed the extra money that I have each month aside and then at the end of the year I have money for Christmas or to pay something off.
8 years 3 weeks ago #2

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Budgeting blog post

I used to be great at coming in under budget and then saving the extra money, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. I really need to get back to sticking closely to a budget.
8 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Budgeting blog post

I like the idea of not spending all the money you have budgeted. I always take any extra money that was in the budget but not spent and put it in the "vacation fund". It is how we pay for our vacations each year.
8 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by FrankN on topic Budgeting blog post

Great point DJAMES and EGGHEAD. There are tons of helpful information on budgeting in this forum.
8 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by djames on topic Budgeting blog post

I agree with that. With certain categories of the budget, you can always strive to decrease the spending (like groceries or utilities). The key is to use that 'found' money wisely - either paying down debt or building savings. This can help you achieve your goals much faster.
8 years 2 months ago #6
  • Egghead
  • Egghead's Avatar Topic Author

Budgeting blog post was created by Egghead

If you don't always check the blog here I recommend giving it a look. I was just reading this post about some negative aspects to budgeting.

It was really interesting, and I especially liked the comment about needing to be flexible sometimes, though I would add that this can also mean you don't have to spend all the cash you have put away for a certain thing each month. Say for groceries or whatever. If you have spare cash from something at the end of the month put it away.
8 years 2 months ago #7