Most Shocking Denial/Approval Stories

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Most Shocking Denial/Approval Stories

6/17/2009

Have heard a few in the credit card reviews, might as well slide them over here.:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #1
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Oh my goodness, talking about

Oh my goodness, talking about a type incident! Now that is weird! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic i applied for a Macy's

i applied for a Macy's card in November of 07 and received my card a week later along with a letter. I put the letter down and took the one with my card in it to Macy's and went shopping.knowing that limits was usually 100.00 online i bought about 92 dollars worth of clothes(without discount 155.00).so i go home and after settling down i decided to read the letter.i laughed when i read it because it said "we are not able to extend you credit at this time etc.....a regular denial letter but i still received the card.
16 years 2 weeks ago #3
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks for listening Meya! I

Thanks for listening Meya! I knew you would come through with it! This should be fun!

You know it! I can't wait to see this tread get started. We need to hear some war stories....lol. Ewwwww RoBoCoP, sorry it had to be you neighbor!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #4

Replied by RoBoCoP on topic Indeed here was my dealio..

Indeed here was my dealio.. I was surprised to say the least, lesson learned, didn't really need this card anyway :)

After reading here I decided to apply online for the Hooters card for the cool card ;) My scores were 673/693/696 (TU where Hooters pulls).

I got the 7-10 day message, called in and was advised I was declined. I shockingly asked why and the young lady said because I did not meet one of their criteria. The one I didn't is that you cannot have not applied or obtained a mortgage between December 2004 and now (mine was obtained). I was SHOCKED this is why I was declined. I wish I had known that ahead of time and I wouldn't have applied/taken an INQ. Now I am wondering if I can get Hooters to remove the inquiry because I certainly would not have applied had I know this was a factor.

Worth noting also that my mortgage payment ($800) is very low against my income :)
16 years 2 weeks ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Thanks for listening Meya! I

Thanks for listening Meya! I knew you would come through with it! This should be fun!
16 years 2 weeks ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

After reading a posting from RoBoCop and the experience with Hooter's, HJM331 thought we should start this thread.
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Has anyone had an approval or denial situation that was so 'Rediculous" that it was too wacked for you to understand? If so please tell your story here.[/b]
16 years 2 weeks ago #7