Which book do you prefer?

Replied by Meya on topic i haven't read any of

i haven't read any of these books but the name "rich dad poor dad" is really catching my attention.I will surely go through this book.

I guess I will get the book since majority is talking about it.
:confused:
15 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by princee18 on topic i haven't read any of

i haven't read any of these books but the name "rich dad poor dad" is really catching my attention.I will surely go through this book.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by dreamr802 on topic My dad read rich dad

My dad read rich dad poor dad, he liked it a lot and he learned some new things about financial planning. He actually bought the book for all of his managers as a Christmas gift.
16 years 2 weeks ago #3

Replied by saurabh on topic hi all i got inspired by

hi all
i got inspired by the bbok"every street is paved with gold" and the auther is kim woo chong who is the founder and chaire person of the daewoo group.
16 years 2 weeks ago #4

Replied by jillg123 on topic Hi Thanks Stiletto. I don't get

Hi

Thanks Stiletto. I don't get much time for reading these days as I tend to spend the free hours I get on the computer but I will make sure to check out these books that you have mentioned as soon as I can.

Bye for Now
Jill
16 years 3 weeks ago #5

Replied by stiletto on topic There are alot of great

There are alot of great books out there. I would recommend "Make Money, Not Excuses" by Jean Chatzky or any book by Suze Orman. My favorite book by Suze is "Women and Money". Both are really great books to understand. :cheesing:
16 years 3 weeks ago #6

Replied by jillg123 on topic Hi Wow. I am amazed. I

Hi

Wow. I am amazed. I don't think I have ever read a financial book in my life. Except perhaps ones on how to do accounts when I was at college. And all of you have read all these books about money. As a beginner what would you recommend for me to read then?

Bye for Now
Jill
16 years 3 weeks ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Cool, I will check it

Cool, I will check it out right now. Thanks! By the way, there is nothing wrong with saying amazon.com or anything else on here as long as it is not spam, explicit, non financial related, or offensive. You are ok...lol.

amazon.com, amazon.com, amazon.com, amazon.com.....lmao!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by stiletto on topic Its amazon.com. You can read

Its amazon.com. You can read reviews from other readers who have purchase that particular book. Just type in his name or the name of the book and it will come up.
16 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Go ahead, also, take a

Go ahead, also, take a look over to your left, you will see a link under the communtiy tools that says resources. You can go in there and post the link, it is cool and easy for you to find and refer to someone. What is best about it is that it will not get buried beneath other positngs. Give it a try, I bet you will like it. The link will be officially yours.

Yes you are right about the health books, I ordered the "Diet Cure" what the food industry does not want you to know.....and all he was talking about was a bunch of laxetives, vitamins, and pregnacy hormone shots. Give me a break, I don't even want anymore kids, let alone estrogen shots. Those are expensive. He included a diet with his book and I was mad as I dont know what. That was $29.99 gone, I could have done someting else with it. I am glad you read about this guy, go ahead and shoot the link so that others can read also.
16 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by stiletto on topic Hi Meya, Just FYI I

Hi Meya, Just FYI I also saw that show with Kevin Truden. I was very interested with what he had to say until I read some reveiws about him. I am reading financial books all the time. I was going to buy his book on a well known book web-site and read some horrible reviews. I don't know if I can say the web-site on here, so just let me know. He has wriiten several books on a broad range of subjects like the health and drug industry. His book is also very expensive compared to other books. Let me know if I can tell you the book site you can go to.
16 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: For some

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: For some odd reason, I believe you!

Hey, I was watching television this morning and some guy named Kevin Truden was on their there talking about debt and how the major banks or just sitting here laughing at us consumers and treating us like debt slaves. He claims that the US have given them the right to do what ever they want to do with its customers in regards to high int rates. Truden has a book out called "The Debit Cure" and it has something in it about:

1. How to get rid of debit in 24 hrs
2. Something that banks don't want you to know, and he was even cursed out by ceo's of banks for this book
3. Free grants that you can qualify for to pay your debit off and never have to repay back
4. Ways to getting int rates from up to 30% or more down to 10% or less
5. Ways to getting debt down from $80k to $20k

And none of this stuff requires filing bk. I think that I am going to purchase the book to skim through it for resources to other members. If I see tha something is illegal, I will not put it here or should I say I will not mention it here...lol. I was just wondering if anyone else here have read or heard of the book?
16 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by Finance Globe on topic We're writing the next book

We're writing the next book for her... :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic Suze Orman's hugh? I hear

Suze Orman's hugh? I hear so much about her until I am thinking about giving her a try!
:fun:
16 years 1 month ago #14

Replied by jnjsarauer on topic I like all of Suze

I like all of Suze Orman's books. For me, there is always practical information in there that I can put to use in my circumstances.
16 years 1 month ago #15