CTS vs Lincoln MKZ Ultimate AWD

Replied by smcc811 on topic Re: CTS vs Lincoln MKZ Ultimate AWD

Have 2 Fords, 97 Expedition with 183K miles and an 05 Focus with 240K miles. They have been VERY dependable cars as my Focus is a daily driver totaling 80 miles a day.

As for Cadillac, in my opinion, they are now playing catch up to BMW / BENZ / AUDI. Cadillac used to dominate the Luxury car market but the S-Class / 7 Series / A-8 are just hard to beat. Cadillac are now making performance minded autos i.e. CTS-V but the Beemers M Division and Benz's AMG division are the benchmark. As far as your Lincoln, like you said, give it a chance, it might surprise you and put a long lasting smile on your face.

Like your outlook Patrick, if you don't like it, trade it in, used to own a 5 Series, very nice car, low miles, etc, but once I saw a 6 series convertible, I was sold !
11 years 6 months ago #1
  • patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

was created by patrick12

A year and a month ago I purchased a 2008 CTS 3.6L DI AWD, well my factory warranty was about to expire and at the last minute yesterday I decided to trade it in on a 2010 Lincoln MKZ Ultimate AWD, only 28,000 miles, my CTS had 62,000 miles, I feel my boss treated me well and traded me for $5,495.00! One day after buying this car I feel sad, I hate to say it, but I am, the styling of the Lincoln is classy and well refined, but for some reason I cant get passed the "STATUS" of no longer owning a Cadillac, anyone want to shed some light on this, perhaps, previous Lincoln owners? I have always bought GM my whole life, however, being in the car business over the last 8 years I can honestly tell you Ford owners seem to be pretty loyal to this brand, same with GM, but over the last few years especially since GM took the bail out, a lot of once GM customers have since switched to Ford and have never looked back! But from a liability and dependablitly stand point I felt like I did what I had to do, seeing as how the Lincoln came with 4 years and 50,000 miles of bumper to bumper warranty along with a 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain warranty! I guess I need to look at it this way, I went up 2 new model years went down 34,000 miles and got a ton of factory warranty for only $5,495! I guess I need to keep an open mind and give Lincoln a chance and realize if this car isnt for me, perhaps trade again in a few years. :confused:
11 years 6 months ago #2