My First Debit Card

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Give your creditor a call

Give your creditor a call ahead of time and let them know where you will be travelling. This can help void their fraud protection alert system so you won't have any problems using the card.
16 years 3 months ago #16

Replied by princess08 on topic I have applied for my

I have applied for my debit card online through an American bank with very little initial funding. I have paid the initial charges and the monthly fee is very affordable. And I can use it anywhere in the world as long as the establishments where I make my transactions have a logo of my card in them. And I am from south east Asia. Is this true?

Hi Felics,

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to use your card internationally you will find that many banks offer international use, I can use my debit card anywhere in the world as long as the bank or cashpoint is showing the logo, one thing you may want to find out though is what are the charges for withdrawal when using it internationally, as my bank charges a lot for international withdrawals.
16 years 3 months ago #17
  • felics
  • felics's Avatar Topic Author

was created by felics

I have applied for my debit card online through an American bank with very little initial funding. I have paid the initial charges and the monthly fee is very affordable. And I can use it anywhere in the world as long as the establishments where I make my transactions have a logo of my card in them. And I am from south east Asia. Is this true?
16 years 3 months ago #18