My First Debit Card

Replied by hjm331 on topic As long as it's a

As long as it's a VISA or Mastercard, it's pretty much accepted everywhere credit cards are accepted.
15 years 10 months ago #1
  • felics
  • felics's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by felics on topic The main reason why I

The main reason why I pursued in obtaining the debit card is to verify my Paypal account. The opportunity was presented to me and I took it. Applying for it in a local bank is impossible because I cannot meet the requirements. I'm just fortunate to have it now.
15 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by alpha on topic I only use my debit

I only use my debit card for local things, places where in the old days I might have written a check -- like the grocery store. When I travel I just use credit cards instead of debit.
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by Postman on topic My first debit card is

My first debit card is BPI to which is only applicable in our county. I remember that I have closed my account to get my business going but sad to say that I failed due to lack of experience. Now I have a Union Bank which can be used outside my country and Metrobank for local ones.
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic I've had my debit card

I've had my debit card flagged a few times. But they didn't start scrutinizing it until after an outside source really tried to access it. They caught it because two transactions went through at the same time, one from Greece and one from Russia. The amount was for our entire amount in the bank at the time. :shocked: The fraud dept. immediately cancelled the transactions before any money could be taken out and called us. They monitored our debit use for the next few weeks. Since then, whenever we go a little crazy with the debit card they call us. They even called us one time after heavy use of it when Christmas shopping, and went through several stores where we had made purchases.
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by dreamr802 on topic Yeah definitely call ahead of

Yeah definitely call ahead of time so then they won't flag your card and think that it's stolen. Even traveling within the USA I still call just to make sure that nothing gets flagged because that's the last thing you want to happen to you when you are on vacation.
15 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by sophie on topic I hear you about not

I hear you about not having any money to spend, when I do I use my credit card. I never use my debit card. I pay bills online and never touch the cash. It burns faster then anything else in my hands.

16 years 1 week ago #7

Replied by descorpio on topic I have got my debit

I have got my debit card only recently and i have not started using it. Sad thing is that i do not have any money to spend. Struggling to make both ends meet. So am happy that i do not spend much. lol.
16 years 1 week ago #8

Replied by Postman on topic Postman, what type of business

Postman, what type of business did you attempt to run? I'm trying to do that right now. It is NOT easy nor fun. It's very stressing and nerve wracking especially when you don't have enough customers coming up to even cover your costs let alone making a profit for paying your bills.

At that time I was pursuing a business about programming service. It is really sad because I wasn’t that knowledgeable yet on programming. I think that I will succeed this time, but I got my eyes on the internet. I’m thinking that having a blog is more profitable because I can earn dollars instead of our local currency which has a low value.

16 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Postman, what type of business

Postman, what type of business did you attempt to run? I'm trying to do that right now. It is NOT easy nor fun. It's very stressing and nerve wracking especially when you don't have enough customers coming up to even cover your costs let alone making a profit for paying your bills.
16 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by Postman on topic I have given up my

I have given up my first debit account years ago because at that time I don’t have any job. I thought of investing my savings from debit account and form a business but, sadly I don’t have any success running my own business at that time.

16 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Meya has some experience with

Meya has some experience with debit cards. Maybe you should message her and see what she has to say.

Never had a problem with debit cards lil bro. I treat them like they are my life, I carry debit cards from my bank because I dont like to carry cash. I put every dime int he bank, sometimes I will keep like seven bucks or so to myself and that is because I have to cross the bay bridge at times ($4).
16 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by jnjsarauer on topic I have to notify my

I have to notify my debit card provider whenever I travel out of the state where I live. They told me that I could have that provision lifted to avoid the need for notification, but to me, it's a safety feature.
16 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic Meya has some experience with

Meya has some experience with debit cards. Maybe you should message her and see what she has to say.
16 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by princess08 on topic Hi Good point FG! I

Hi

Good point FG! I had this problem twice when travelling in Cyprus they stopped me withdrawing as they throught it was being used fraudluently and I had to ring them to confirm it was me, it was really inconvenient and so definately worth doing.
16 years 2 months ago #15