Did you know?

Replied by princee18 on topic its indeed a great feature

its indeed a great feature but i believe that they only allow you to change your name only particular number of times and the process is simple only for small changes in name.
15 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by dreamr802 on topic Wow I didn't know that

Wow I didn't know that it was that easy to change your name to Lord instead of Mr. HAHA. But I do agree you don't want to go too crazy especially when people are looking at your ID and they don't match.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic These positngs are copied from

These positngs are copied from another thread "Do you have a son you dont know about"[/b]

Scribes
OFFLINE Posted]

Look really carefully at any credit card offers you may get in the mail. I used to receive mailings addressed to my name, but as II, as if I had a son with the same name as me. I didn't think too much of this misconception -- until I contacted Citibank later on and discovered someone had used that name to attempt to open a credit line! Word to the wise: If you should get a "II" or a "III" next to your name, contact the credit card company immediately and have the name stricken from their records.

Unless of course you DO have a son you don't know about and you have MUCH explaining to do to the wife for that little trip in Vegas after all.

dreamr802
OFFLINE Posted]

I don't know why but I get credit card offers with my first name and then my first and middle names on it. Could that be the same thing? I don't know. LOL, now you have me wanting to check as soon as possible.

lyyssa01
OFFLINE Posted]

I still get credit card offers in my maiden name, and I've been married for the last 8
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by descorpio on topic The procedure seems to be

The procedure seems to be so simple. I wish all the governments must follow this. But wont they ask for any proof for the change of name? How is that possible for a company to believe that person blindly if he says that his name is changed? I think its ridiculous. There must a procedure to be followed like showing the gazatte documents.
16 years 1 week ago #4

Replied by sophie on topic I think it’s awesome. I

I think it’s awesome. I may go call the phone company today and change my name to Princess Sophie, The Queen Of mean The Third. Just kidding, but I do find that very interesting.

16 years 2 weeks ago #5

Replied by Postman on topic It’s nice to know that

It’s nice to know that you could change your name that easily and it’s also scary because other person might want to use this feature to their advantage. They might claim it as theirs and change it to their name.

16 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by cobalt911 on topic Well I don’t think changing

Well I don’t think changing only the name can make much difference. They keep other valid records of the card holders and we cannot get all of them changed.
16 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic That is indeed very strange;

That is indeed very strange; usually a name change involves a deed poll.

????? :dumbfounded: :confused:
16 years 2 months ago #8

Replied by liowkc on topic That is indeed very strange;

That is indeed very strange; usually a name change involves a deed poll.
16 years 2 months ago #9

Replied by jnjsarauer on topic It didn't work this way

It didn't work this way for me at all. When I got married, I could change my address over the phone, but I had to photocopy my marriage license before they would change my name and issue new cards.
16 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic I dont see where changing

I dont see where changing it can make a big difference when your ssn will stay the same.
:dumbfounded:
16 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Well I am sure they

Well I am sure they would ask that why are we changing our name. They can also ask for some legal evidence regarding the change in the name.
16 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by sweetangel on topic Is that that easy to

Is that that easy to do it? they won't ask any necessary info? hmm i don't think so? any credit card or bank would require proof of ownership before they do change necessary info about you? this is money talking not just a game.
16 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic If you go too wack

If you go too wack with it, what happens when the cashier asks for your ID? I am pretty sure they can change your title or last name, people gets married everyday. I think I like the way mines is, I just hate when they add my middle name, it is too long.
:laugh:
16 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by felics on topic Well, it's interesting to know

Well, it's interesting to know about it. I compare it to changing the profile but it can be only be done by phone since a new card will have to be issued. Maybe, sending an email will be alright especially if you are living from very far.
16 years 2 months ago #15