Is Ethereum a good investment?

Replied by FrankN on topic Is Ethereum a good investment?

JGIBBS, have you had any luck in Bitcoin and/or Ethereum?
5 years 11 months ago #1

JGibbs wrote: If you know what you're doing, I think Bitcoin and Ethereum can be excellent investments. There are huge risks, of course. Everything from market manipulation, to hackers who steal your coins, to outright scams. Some of the risks can be mitigated to a degree. For instance, I would stash my coins in a hardware wallet, make a couple of hard copies of my public and private keys, and would never leave large amounts on the exchanges. Other risks, like market volatility, will likely always be there. Litecoin seems the most stable in terms of value. Are you going to try it?

I can't speculate if Bitcoin and Ethereum will end up being good investments or not, but my point is they are extremely speculative and volatile. It certainly has made millionaires out of it, but it could easily decline double digits+ in a matter of days.
6 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by JGibbs on topic Is Ethereum a good investment?

If you know what you're doing, I think Bitcoin and Ethereum can be excellent investments. There are huge risks, of course. Everything from market manipulation, to hackers who steal your coins, to outright scams. Some of the risks can be mitigated to a degree. For instance, I would stash my coins in a hardware wallet, make a couple of hard copies of my public and private keys, and would never leave large amounts on the exchanges. Other risks, like market volatility, will likely always be there. Litecoin seems the most stable in terms of value. Are you going to try it?
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by JGibbs.
6 years 4 months ago #3

Lexie wrote: Thanks FankN. Maybe I had better take a closer look. On the subject of technology, what would you consider a safe investment at this time? It's moving so fast I can't keep up.

A safe investment? The only safe investment I would consider is CDs or something that is guaranteed. It also depends on your time horizon. If you are looking at a long-term investment and willing to take risk, you can invest in the broad stock market as well.
6 years 4 months ago #4
  • Lexie
  • Lexie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Lexie on topic Is Ethereum a good investment?

Thanks FankN. Maybe I had better take a closer look. On the subject of technology, what would you consider a safe investment at this time? It's moving so fast I can't keep up.
6 years 5 months ago #5

Lexie wrote: What an interesting site. https://www.ethereum.org/ I'm afraid I don't know enough about this technology to comment but I do understand the concept and find it very exciting. A new wave of the future. It may not be a bad idea to invest in this. My rule of thumb is to never invest more than I care to lose.

I think ethereum is a HUGE HUGE GAMBLE! You may may a fortune, but you could also easily lose your entire investment. I would be careful investing in this and be willing to lose your entire investment.
6 years 5 months ago #6
  • Lexie
  • Lexie's Avatar Topic Author

Is Ethereum a good investment? was created by Lexie

What an interesting site. https://www.ethereum.org/ I'm afraid I don't know enough about this technology to comment but I do understand the concept and find it very exciting. A new wave of the future. It may not be a bad idea to invest in this. My rule of thumb is to never invest more than I care to lose.
6 years 5 months ago #7