Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

• Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Moneyes on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

Good points, all. An unstable social culture would make "betting" on their currency kind of a fools game.
What is going on in Mexico needs to get more mainstream press. It really does.
6 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

Professional Associate down in Mexico and between the drug cartel and natural events ... Mexico has generally become dangerous even the highly touted tourism sites. Was suppose to go down and help establish food distribution routes in the outback and they told me to stay home as it was too dangerous for me. Only lately has the danger come to light in the press and some of the tourism literature. So ... one needs to pay very close attention.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 5 months ago #2
  • Moneyes

Replied by Moneyes on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

Wanderer wrote: Caution in South America things have become unsettled in a multiple of countries (have a connection down there and it has gotten ugly).

In what ways, if I may ask?

I know Venezuela is as unstable as its leader. Central America I have questions about as well. But Canada would be about the safest bet there is right now.
6 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by Joker on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

I believe that today's economic trends are too risky to be involved in, however, there could potentially be a lot of money to be made. You just have to weigh the risk vs. benefit and never forget you could lose it all no matter what country's currency you are dealing with.
6 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by FrankN on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

Moneyes wrote: If I do get into forex trading, it will be simple. After research, I will only trade currencies in countries that are the most stable economically and politically. That already leaves the middle east and Africa out of the equation. Actually, the only currencies in the eastern hemisphere I would consider would be Scandinavian currencies.

I'm too old to be taking risks. I have to play conservatively.

Just remember currency trading can still be extremely risky for modern economies like US, Europe, etc. Be sure to fully research what you are getting into.
6 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career

Caution in South America things have become unsettled in a multiple of countries (have a connection down there and it has gotten ugly).
6 years 5 months ago #6
  • Moneyes

Why you should have defined objectives in your trading career was created by Moneyes

If I do get into forex trading, it will be simple. After research, I will only trade currencies in countries that are the most stable economically and politically. That already leaves the middle east and Africa out of the equation. Actually, the only currencies in the eastern hemisphere I would consider would be Scandinavian currencies.

I'm too old to be taking risks. I have to play conservatively.
6 years 5 months ago #7