New scam -- German, YouSendIt, small amount

Replied by Meya on topic If I received an email

If I received an email like that, I will fall out laughing because they will have to find a way in and out of my hood without being shot to death themselves.
15 years 11 months ago #16
  • Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Scribes on topic King Solomon? Wasn't he a

King Solomon? Wasn't he a biblical figure? What the [heck] does he need you for?

Lol Scribes! If I heard from him I will take off running!

The things we do for money, honey. :fun: I was reading on a site about a whole new scam starting to gain some ground. the Contract Killer scam. Someone emails you, telling you they've been hired to kill you, but you can get out of it by sending the cost of the kill -- $15,000 or more. Now, okay, FIRST rule of contract killing, folks. If you're supposed to kill someone -- do you TELL THEM????? :cheesing:

Seriously though, the scam was picked up by the scamorama boys, who decided to have a little fun by answering the contract killer -- by offering him MORE money to kill someone else. It would be totally insane and hilarious if it wasn't so ghastly. :confused: I have a sick sense of humor though, so it's all good. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by liowkc on topic The best way is to

The best way is to trash these email straightaway. Giving them a piece of mind by replying to the email simply validates your email address.

If you want to take revenge, then waste some time and play with them. Pretend you are thrilled, give them bogus details and just let them on a wild goose chase. The results will be hilarious and highly entertaining.
15 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic King Solomon? Wasn't he a

King Solomon? Wasn't he a biblical figure? What the [heck] does he need you for?

Lol Scribes! If I heard from him I will take off running! :laugh:
They be sending those powerful king names when they send me email like, King Nandie or Prince Charriot...lol. I laugh at the names they send me, but trust me, do not answer. I was just showing my friend what you said and she fell out laughing, I was like, what is so funny? She told me that she was mad at her child father and she answered to all of the spams that came to his email account. He called her up saying "I am getting too many of these people who wants to give or trust me with some money, do you be getting that stuff?" She said that she fell on the floor laughing when he told her that and she said "Nah, I don't listen to them, I just delete them but if you answer to it, they will blow you up" Now he is fussing at his current girlfriend. She is sooooo not cool for that one scribes. I think he is crazy, I will not give any of my kids mother nor girlfriends my password. He is behind and lame for that one.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #19

Replied by alpha on topic THis seems like a cleverer

THis seems like a cleverer version of the original email scams -- where all they did was send out some kind of bizarre or obnoxious email, and waited to see who replied to it -- that way they knew they had a live person and would just bury them in more email.
15 years 11 months ago #20
  • Scribes

Replied by Scribes on topic I get those things everyday.

I get those things everyday. Especialy the "Hello, I am [king soloman] of the great....... I am trusting you to receive my......my phone number is 1978745-254855-11445544215 hehehehehehe. They kill me with that one. One day I got so mad and sent a reply to one of those people cursing them out, what did I do that for? My email just went off the hook with those types of spammers. It is sort of dying down after one year, but I bet you i will never do that again.

King Solomon? Wasn't he a biblical figure? What the [heck] does he need you for? LOL! And dear lady, do NOT answer these people. Just delete the messages. If you really want to answer them, do it from a secure location, like a library, where they cannot trace you. These people play for keepsies and if you do p***them off, they will come after you.

For fun, check out http://www.scamorama.com and you can laugh as you read about a group of real hacker pros that really NAIL the Nigerians at every turn. :)
15 years 11 months ago #21

Replied by Meya on topic I get those things everyday.

I get those things everyday. Especialy the "Hello, I am [king soloman] of the great....... I am trusting you to receive my......my phone number is 1978745-254855-11445544215 hehehehehehe. They kill me with that one. One day I got so mad and sent a reply to one of those people cursing them out, what did I do that for? My email just went off the hook with those types of spammers. It is sort of dying down after one year, but I bet you i will never do that again.
15 years 11 months ago #22
  • Scribes

Replied by Scribes on topic Yeah, sure enough, I was

Yeah, sure enough, I was bombarded by not one but SIX Nigerian scam emails last night in a span of thirty minutes. I usually get one every couple days. They got my number alright. Unfortunately for them, I have theirs. Muahahahaaaa! :laugh: :cheesing: :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #23
  • Scribes

was created by Scribes

This is a GOOD one. :D You'll receive an email from a German company through the "REAL" website called YouSendit, an online payment service similar to Paypal, saying you are to receive the small sum of 760 euros, part of some kind of instant claim. It's not a lot of money at all, which is unusual. Secondly, you'll be asked to click on a legitimate-looking YouSendit link, which will transport you to a German website, and enter the claim number. DO NOT DO IT. :fun:

The scam is pretty simple. After you've entered the code, your IP address is recorded and you are onslaught with ripe, fresh scams. Perfectly harmless, you'd think, but the bottom line is they now see you as a possible "target" for far better scams -- AND they can feed you an email worm to get your juicy email list and start sending out scams -- IN YOUR NAME. Needless to say, this can lead to so many problems.

I was suspicious, of course, so I traced the German website IP. It came back saying it was actually in North America, but the WHOIS information claims registration in Zaire. Wanna bet it probably traces right to a Nigerian internet cafe?

Come on, bet me. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #24