Bank Fraud/ Credit Card usage while on vacation

Replied by saurabh on topic yes this thing may be

yes this thing may be looked as the interference of the bank but it really helps us and is meant for our safety purpose.So, we should always inform them while going for vacations.
15 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by sophie on topic Last year I used my

Last year I used my cards to get tag registration for my car. The card did not go through after waiting in a two hour line. I had to call my BOA card and they said they thought my transaction was fraud because they did not recognize the merchant. It’s government office.....that was annoying.

16 years 1 week ago #2
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Don't get me wrong guys

Don't get me wrong guys I appreciate the layer of security that BOA provides. Thing is you have to make sure that you let them know before you take off on whatever venture you have planned.

I have taken trips from Atlanta GA to Tulsa OK and I had to let them know what states I would be traveling through coming and going and how long I was going to be in Tulsa.
16 years 1 week ago #3

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Has anyone watched the NBC

Has anyone watched the NBC Dateline report on credit card fraud? It's truly amazing... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17805134/

This is when I thank my issuer for being a pain in my side :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic I believe that this is

I believe that this is a good thing for our own good. If it wasn't for this then imagine someone was spending all these large amounts on your credit card and you ended up being held liable for these charges?
16 years 1 week ago #5

Replied by stiletto on topic I also have a BoA

I also have a BoA credit card. I just took a weekend trip and use the card to hold the hotel room, but did not have a problem. My brother who live in in CA always have problems when he visits here in Memphis. The merchant always have to call BoA verify that it is him. They stated to him that they do that for security reasons.
But I did not have a problem.
16 years 1 week ago #6
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

Every time I go on vacation I have to call the Security Division of Bank of America to let them know that I'm leaving on vacation, where I'm going, how long I will be and when I will return. At first I thought it was a nuisance but it helps with Fraud. When I went on my first trip out of state, and didn't let BOA know about it, the transaction was denied

Anyone else have to go through this while traveling using their CC?
16 years 1 week ago #7