Get a shredder

Replied by mrsjprice on topic My auntie has got a

My auntie has got a pair of those scissors, the amount she paid for them she might aswell of got a shredder, but she's not that hi-tech. She uses them to cut up the odd confidential letter that she recieves, plus they don't take up much room.
16 years 1 week ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic That's just ridiculous. Why would

That's just ridiculous. Why would you want to tire yourself and make your hands red by trying to shred a paper all by yourself when there are shredders? :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #2

Replied by alpha on topic I had to laugh on

I had to laugh on Sunday when I got my newspaper with all the ads stuck in it, there was a big ad for this pair of scissors that has like 5 blades -- so it cuts things in strips. Didn't know they made such a thing.
16 years 1 week ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic By the way, both of

By the way, both of them are the same exact product.
16 years 1 week ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic If you don't have a

If you don't have a Costco membership, you can buy this one! it's $10 cheaper and it also offers free shipping! I would definitely go for this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-32057-Powershred-P-57Cs-Shredder/dp/B000I8ZULI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208369924&sr=8-1
16 years 1 week ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Dreamr, here's a good deal

Dreamr, here's a good deal if you have a membership at Costco. Shipping and handling is included so it comes to you.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11183970&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1
16 years 1 week ago #6

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I just got the cheapest

I just got the cheapest one out of Argos, it does the job perfectly. I don't get why people fork out £40+ for a cross cut shredder. Get a cheap one then play with the paper. :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #7

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I do need to buy

I do need to buy a paper shredder...My boyfriend and I get all the most random stuff in the mail for credit cards and everything like that. Maybe I'll go out and buy one this weekend...
16 years 1 week ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic I just throw it away.

I just throw it away. :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #9

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Thats a really good point,

Thats a really good point, what do you do with all your shredded paper? I have one idea which would work good for me as I work with kids. Paper mache (sp?)
16 years 1 week ago #10

Replied by Finance Globe on topic On a greener note. What

On a greener note. What do we do with all of this shredded paper? :confused:
I know that you can use it for composting and packing boxes. Any other ideas? I assume that recycle plants would have a tough time with the mess.
16 years 1 week ago #11

Replied by scribbler on topic It used to be that

It used to be that shredders were only seen in offices but nowadays there's a definite need for one in the home too. I saw something once on a TV show where they were raking through someone's trash and said it's legal because it had been put out to be uplifted on the sidewalk. Being left out there meant it was on public property and anyone could touch it.

That did disturb me a little but whether that's fact or not, I don't know. Anyone know if that's accurate?
16 years 1 week ago #12

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Seriously they love playing in

Seriously they love playing in it and I actually feel more secure about it. Rather than throw it out as my household waste and someone go through my bins (I live in a bad neighbourhood). Atleast at the nursery the rubbish is put in huge bins and collected by a private waste company. For some reason it puts my mind at ease. Seriously though you want to see a kid smile, throw some paper at them. :) LOL
16 years 1 week ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic Better yet, let them drool

Better yet, let them drool on. That will make it officailly a gonner.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #14

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I've got a shredder but

I've got a shredder but its not a very good one, it only shreds one way. I shreds all my letters wether they are important or not, I then let the kids in my nursery roll around in it. :)
16 years 1 week ago #15