A Few Upgrades

• Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

More small updates and fixes:

- Adding a comment to a review may have caused an error (thanks for pointing that out Meya)
- Recent members now shows only members with photos. It was looking quite dull with all the "Awaiting Photo" icons.
- Finance Page now gives you the ability to add or change your FICO score.
- You can add your Facebook or Myspace page in your personal profile
14 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

Oh sure, the site owner was upgrading and adding some new social networking sites to the board, we were just throwing our two cents in by suggesting social network site that's all. lolz!
14 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

Help! Could one of you "guru's" help out and old man an explain all this! It goes way beyond me and I am sort of a computer guru on internal operations but you lost me!:confused:
14 years 6 months ago #3

Tagged.com is a nice one too! Just thought I would through that in.:laugh:
14 years 7 months ago #4
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I wanted to not have signatures in the forum, because this can encourage spammers on the site. I am working on social networking links (such as myspace, facebook, etc...) on your profile page.
14 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

FG, is there a way that we can add signatures to our usernames so we can post valuable info in the signature area and others can see it everytime we post?
14 years 7 months ago #6

Sounds great!!!
14 years 7 months ago #7
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I'm still learning about the technology, but I believe I will add the games to a directory that you can choose from and install on your profile.
14 years 7 months ago #8

That is cool! Do you make a selection from the list of games? Or do they offer all of their games?
14 years 7 months ago #9
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thanks!

I am attempting to get the Google OpenSocial plugin to work, where we can add games, gadgets, utilities, etc to our dashboard.

See: http://directory.opensocial.org/gadgets/directory?synd=cad&cat=all for a list of apps :cheesing:
14 years 7 months ago #10

Gone Mike with your bad self!:white-flag: Now I don't have to go to ktvu.com for a five day weather forecast when I am on PC. This is very useful for those who want to go on a vacation and is curious about the weather in the town in which you are visiting. I just came back from Rancho Cordova, CA taking my kids on their last mini vacation and I packed up sweat pants for nothing. We were talking 100 + degrees down there. We visited the same city around this time last year and we did have some type of wind blowing, it was torture down there. Thanks FG, this is cool!
14 years 7 months ago #11

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

I love the weather thingy. Good job FG. Hope to see new stuff in the future.:fun:
14 years 7 months ago #12

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: A Few Upgrades

keep up the good work FG!:cool:
14 years 7 months ago #13
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

Hello great members!!!

Here are a a few enhancements to the FN:
  • Added your local weather on most of the menus on the right. This grabs the weather based on the zip code in your profile.
  • Added "people you might know" to your dashboard. This may connect you with the frinds of your friends.
  • Username check on signup for new members.
Please let me know if you experience any problems. More upgrades to follow! :cheesing:
14 years 7 months ago #14