Profile Question

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Profile Question

I can understand the hard work and where everyone is coming from.

The reason I choose RivasGlo was because I didnt think I would ever be coming back to this website. I choose Glow or Gloria at other sites so people can ID me better. Im cool w/ RivasGlo tho it still got my name in it... :fun:
15 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Profile Question

Sorry I had to throw my 2 cents in but, I don't think we should do that. I mean, we have to realize that this is not an email account where people can have so many user names or accounts. A person should think twice of what they want their UN (user name) to be before signing. If majority of us vote against it, then FG I think it should be added to the FG rules that people agree to upon signing up so this can avoid confusion or disappointments in the future.

I feel so bad going against it because we have so much agreement going on in here, but I must say that I can (and have always) remembered everyone by the original UN. For instance rwmtd, when you are busy with other things in life and take a silence from FG, when I see you post, I be like, "There goes my Buddie" because I am stuck with the UN that you have. Not only that, what happens when someone new comes in and want to respond to rwmtd? I think it would be confusing if (For example) LadyR answerers the new person back? I know you are not going to want to re-identify yourself to every person that posts to you.

Please, please re-think your question, I have a good feeling that it will be better for all of us if we just keep our OG names and roll with it. I have thought about that myself, "hummmmm, I should changed my name to "DA-credit-Gurl" so I can represent where I came from. But you know what, nothing will sound better than "Meya" because that is how I came here and that is how everyone knows me. I know I will be twisted for a while if just 200 people decide to change their UN, let alone nearly 3k of us...lol:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Profile Question

Hi rwmtd,
I am still still considering it, and I never mind the extra work. I just want the input from our members before I book the flight[/quote]
Thanks,
Mike
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Profile Question

Wow, I didn't think of it that way (sorry). :embarrassed: I just wanted to change mine once, however, I do understand what confusion it would cause you not to mention the extra work. I am in IT (network admin) and I know when our systems people where I work get a request for a change in name in a system that may cause something to "break".

Thanks for everything that you do to keep us up and running smoothly.:cheesing:

rwmtd
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Profile Question

FG is right. If we allow one user to change their username, then everyone will want to do the same. We can't deny their request so we have to think about it.
15 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Profile Question

Hey Fg I'm ok with it that sounds like a good idea. :fun:
15 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Profile Question

Let me back up a step or two :embarrassed:

I want to make sure this is something the majority of members here are okay with first before I proceed. I started thinking about the confusion this can bring, can you imagine all of the username changes that may come about? I don't know how I would keep up with everyone, especially for those that change it more than once.

Some feedback please.
15 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Changing login name

I can make a tool to do this. Currently, there is no way. Give me a little time.

Cool, looking forward to it and thanks u r the best :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #8

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Changing login name

:cool: WOo hoo! FG coming through yet again!

15 years 7 months ago #9

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Changing login name

I can make a tool to do this. Currently, there is no way. Give me a little time. :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #10

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Changing login name

Hehe im also curious.

I would like to change it to my name, Gloria or my nickname, Glow.

:cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #11

Replied by rwmtd on topic Changing login name

Hello FG, I was wondering if there was a way to change my login name. I would like to change it to something a little more "user friendly" :cheesing: as it where.

TIA,

rwmtd (BJ)
15 years 7 months ago #12

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Meya is right, I am

Meya is right, I am working on integrating more options, starting with the forum.
Work :dumbfounded: Work :shocked: Work :suicide:
16 years 6 days ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Sanjay, the network is

Hi Sanjay, the network is still fairly new is going through new updates. You will soon be able to have questions solved, please be patient, good things comes to those who wait....lol. I know the feeling but Fg just got this network up and going September 2007 so that we can keep certain communication seperate from the credit review board. A lot of things has been added since then and there is more to come our way. In the meantime, please accept apologies and what ever you do keep on posting.
:fun:
16 years 6 days ago #14

Replied by sanjay on topic i think that there should

i think that there should be some other option also as i too could not find it out.anyways , thanks a lot for the info.
16 years 1 week ago #15