Whoops, he did it again!

Replied by FrankN on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Every day there is something new, it's unbelievable.
6 years 2 months ago #1
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Whoops, he did it again!

He is such a moron that needs to be checked. Doesn't he have any advisors that can corral his mouth? I love that someone told him the difference between global warming and climate change. Bonehead.
6 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by JacksonM on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Joker wrote: Have you seen the recent Tweets by Donald Trump? He actually called for global warming to ease the cold temps in the east. Is there no limit to his mouth? I just can't believe he did it again!

When he tweeted about the coldest New Year's as a sign there's no such thing as Global Warming, there was a great response from a scientist on Facebook. This person basically described the difference between weather and climate. We're seeing freezing temperatures like we haven't in years, but that doesn't mean the overall climate has changed. Yeesh.
6 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by Lexie on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Wanderer wrote: What it meant was that our resources were focused on the war effort (also solid employment numbers) but we had to do without (as your mother was saying). The other side was we had butter with our focus on the consumer and not the military and we had more fluctation in the employment market. Back in the history of economics wars created jobs and employment but our focus was not on the consumer so people wanted for many things (or lots of junk).

Thanks for the explanation. Mom always told me about the shortages during the war and how hard times were but I had never heard guns or butter. I can't imagine living through anything like that. We are so blessed.
6 years 2 months ago #4
  • Joker

Have you seen the recent Tweets by Donald Trump? He actually called for global warming to ease the cold temps in the east. Is there no limit to his mouth? I just can't believe he did it again!
6 years 2 months ago #5

Joker wrote: My mother used to talk about the shortages during the war. Women working in factories to keep up with the demand on guns and bullets. Hose were hard to get, but if you had a good friend on base, they could get them. If you look at our history, wars have gotten us out of some really bad economic times. Do you think it will happen again?

I certainly hope not, but its hard to say for sure.
6 years 4 months ago #6
  • Joker

My mother used to talk about the shortages during the war. Women working in factories to keep up with the demand on guns and bullets. Hose were hard to get, but if you had a good friend on base, they could get them. If you look at our history, wars have gotten us out of some really bad economic times. Do you think it will happen again?
6 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by JacksonM on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Moneyes wrote: It seems as though things are different now. Wars benefit the large contractors who rebuild the foreign infrastructures destroyed. While here in America, life goes on without a glitch.

No more guns OR butter, but rather guns AND butter.

That's something my Grandmother has commented on many times over the years. She remembers the scarcity in WWII and how everyone had to work together for the troops and the cause. She was especially pissed when Bush told everyone to keep shopping.

I hate to say it but it's easy to forget that there's always a war somewhere. It's been part of our lives for so long.
6 years 5 months ago #8

Wanderer wrote: What it meant was that our resources were focused on the war effort (also solid employment numbers) but we had to do without (as your mother was saying). The other side was we had butter with our focus on the consumer and not the military and we had more fluctation in the employment market. Back in the history of economics wars created jobs and employment but our focus was not on the consumer so people wanted for many things (or lots of junk).

Very interesting quote Wanderer, I had never heard that before.
6 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Moneyes on topic Whoops, he did it again!

It seems as though things are different now. Wars benefit the large contractors who rebuild the foreign infrastructures destroyed. While here in America, life goes on without a glitch.

No more guns OR butter, but rather guns AND butter.
6 years 5 months ago #10

Replied by Wanderer on topic Whoops, he did it again!

What it meant was that our resources were focused on the war effort (also solid employment numbers) but we had to do without (as your mother was saying). The other side was we had butter with our focus on the consumer and not the military and we had more fluctation in the employment market. Back in the history of economics wars created jobs and employment but our focus was not on the consumer so people wanted for many things (or lots of junk).
6 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by Lexie on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Wanderer wrote: Remember and old adage: "Guns or Butter" ... this used to be used in the Economic Circles of the World.

"Guns or Butter?" I've never heard that Wanderer. Please tell me what it means. I remember mom telling me about all the things that were scarce during WWII but this saying never came up in the conversations.
6 years 5 months ago #12

Replied by Wanderer on topic Whoops, he did it again!

Remember and old adage: "Guns or Butter" ... this used to be used in the Economic Circles of the World.
6 years 5 months ago #13

Replied by JGibbs on topic Whoops, he did it again!

There's too much money to be made during war. That's why we support and arm so many conflicting groups. We'll never have real peace. Greed is what rules the world.
6 years 5 months ago #14
  • Joker

The good news is that we are finally trying to start a diplomatic resolution to the hostilities with North Korea! I can't believe DT is even allowing it. Thank God for more sain minds at play here. Congratulations on whoever got this plan into action. You probably saved us WWIII.
6 years 5 months ago #15