Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

Replied by Wanderer on topic Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

No idea as to criteria for credit but after six years I was able to obtain a credit limit increase thanks to Cap1!
8 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by patse on topic Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

FrugalFran wrote: I've had a Kohl's card for a few years and I had no idea it was going through Capital One. Out of curiosity, do they use the same criteria for determining eligibility for a Kohl's card as they do for Visa and Mastercard?

Come to think about it, I did just get a letter on how to pay no interest. They were offerin some deal, pay it off in two equal installments. I wonder if that was because Kohl's cards hot bought out.
8 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

I've had a Kohl's card for a few years and I had no idea it was going through Capital One. Out of curiosity, do they use the same criteria for determining eligibility for a Kohl's card as they do for Visa and Mastercard?
8 years 3 weeks ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

Wow! I didn't know this. I have a Kohl's charge card. I hope the terms don't change. It is the only card that I actually use often. I don't know much about Capital One. Anyone seen any more information on this?
8 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

Yeah... and while Rome burns Pandit fiddles (he still has a job). No thanks to him the new Citi will look and operate differently. As a former share holder (dumped their stock) I was not happy with performance. Hello, anybody on the board capable of thinking...?

He needs to be removed for sure. Citibank started declining when they merged with Travelers.
13 years 2 weeks ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

This is true. Chase did not really have any dealings with the day-to-day activities at Kohl's. Same with the current situation at Macys/Bloomies, Citibank owned the portfolio but Macy's still manages it (ie the stupid credit line as a guidance crap). Poor Citibank, how that Vikram Pandit still has his job is beyond me.

Yeah... and while Rome burns Pandit fiddles (he still has a job). No thanks to him the new Citi will look and operate differently. As a former share holder (dumped their stock) I was not happy with performance. Hello, anybody on the board capable of thinking...? :upset:
13 years 2 weeks ago #6

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

Note, Kohl's signed a seven year agreement with Capital One but, will keep local control over the card services including customer service. Possibly Kohl's had a long term agreement with Chase. They did mention that the contract was up and they needed to renew or seek another vendor to actually process the card purchases, payments and the like. Sort of like when HSBC transferred my HSBC American Express Card over to Direct Merchant's Bank where all the non-pure HSBC Cards are...?! Or, Bank of America using FIA Cards Services for MBNA Canada and Bank of America USA. However, with Kohl's still handling the actual credit and customer service it may be all right. Withrespect to Citi Bank etal... they have federal pressure to restructure and resize themselves after the major melt down so, they are parting themselves out.

This is true. Chase did not really have any dealings with the day-to-day activities at Kohl's. Same with the current situation at Macys/Bloomies, Citibank owned the portfolio but Macy's still manages it (ie the stupid credit line as a guidance crap). Poor Citibank, how that Vikram Pandit still has his job is beyond me.
13 years 2 weeks ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts

Crazy. I wonder why Chase sold it off so soon...I hope Capital One doesn't try to rebrand them as a MasterCard or Visa....

Note, Kohl's signed a seven year agreement with Capital One but, will keep local control over the card services including customer service. Possibly Kohl's had a long term agreement with Chase. They did mention that the contract was up and they needed to renew or seek another vendor to actually process the card purchases, payments and the like.
13 years 2 weeks ago #8

Re: https://www.financeglobe.com/blog/latest-blogs/Capital-One-Taking-Over-Kohl-s-Charge-Accounts

Crazy. I wonder why Chase sold it off so soon...I hope Capital One doesn't try to rebrand them as a MasterCard or Visa....
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe.
13 years 3 weeks ago #9
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Capital One taking Over Kohl's Charge accounts was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
13 years 3 weeks ago #10