Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

All - this is true but there is a flicker of light... The iron mines in northern Minnesota are going back on line starting in mid-September 2009 with production at 50% to virtually 100%. One mining company is calling back 1,093 miners. This is an early sign that there is a flicker of life. The auto industry is activating some car plants so they may be a tomorrow. Unfortunately the mines start back in hard economic times months ahead of employers generally hiring.:cool:
14 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

I'm with you on that one Meya. Sadly, we still continue to see it every day, everywhere in government (both state and federal), and in business... I think it's time to be realistic about our expectations of our "American Dream"...

We wanted things we never should have aimed for.
14 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

If you ask me, I think its greed and misconsception is why we are in this mess. There is a lot that goes on in the "Glass Cieling!" :confused:
14 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

I believe that the economy depends on the success of banks of their actions. They're the ones that got us into this mess and they're going to get us out of it.
14 years 6 months ago #4

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Unemployment Rate Hits 9.7% for August

Thanks Mary,

Scary stuff. Let's all hope we don't go into a "double dip recession". Where would that take the real unemployment rate? :shocked:

Keep our fingers crossed.
14 years 6 months ago #5
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher