Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Maybe this Salary Cap will eleviate some of the other madness as well as buying yachts with our bailout money when these companies fail but also to help instill some form of integrity back to some of these businesses.

If Super Executive Leadership are no longer living high on the hog on tax-paid-corporate-bailout-checks, maybe they will learn the the importance of what it means to "live without the bling" and endless flows of cash.

Rockin35
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Most? They all would......

And a double AMEN!!!!
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Let the thread all say, "Amen!"
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

If executive pay were based on company performance, most of these executives would OWE money....
15 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Let's not forget it was told not to get into politics in the "Great Book of Life!"

... so the Wall Street executives can have more money to themselves. To them, there's not enough to go around.
15 years 2 months ago #5

That's politicians for you though.

Which is why I never did like it. Let's not forget it was told not to get into politics in the "Great Book of Life!":confused:
15 years 2 months ago #6

:white-flag:
15 years 2 months ago #7

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

They're out of their minds.

They're not out of their minds, they just aren't directly affected, therefore they don't care or have any incentive to help the underprivileged. Most of them have lived cushy lives and have no idea of what its like to be in the middle class, much less, poor. They aren't worrying about their homes being foreclosed on or having to make choices between groceries or gas for your car. That's politicians for you though.
15 years 2 months ago #8

They're out of their minds.
15 years 2 months ago #9

And they are the first ones who begged for the bail-outs. Did you see how the house of reps were arguing over Obama's stimulus plan? The (d) cracked the (R) face asking why were they not complaining as much when Bush requested a stimulus plan 2x's higher. Oooops! No she didn't:laugh:
But, Fienstien is totally against the plan. Oh boy, here we go!
15 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

but the truth of the matter is that none of us would be able to sleep at night if we walked away with the type of money they all have...after failing as miserably as they all have.

I agree wholeheartedly. How in the world can they even be thinking of themselves at a time like this, especially when they have gotten away with murder. Who gives bonuses to employees who aren't meeting the company's expectations? This is just downright ridiculous and I can see why we're in the mess we're in. You're right, at least President Obama is trying to make a change, let's hope this money hungry vampires don't find another way around his policies.
15 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

Thank god the Prez is finally stepping up to plate with this bail-out garbage. Unfortunately, nothings going to happen to the companies that already got their money (AIG, GM, Chrysler and Ford).

But at least going forward this won't be happening.
15 years 2 months ago #12

President Obama said, "This is America. We don’t disparage wealth. We don’t begrudge anybody for achieving success. And we believe that success should be rewarded. But what gets people upset — and rightfully so — are executives being rewarded for failure. Especially when those rewards are subsidized by U.S. taxpayers.

Now that is a powerful speech! Kellbell, I feel where you are coming from. They are too busy living the life styles of rich and famous, purchasing yachts and $300k cars, until they will think that they went bankrupt if they were to only receive $150k yearly
15 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Pay Caps for Executives of TARP Fund Recipients

The President is trying. This is disgusting.

And I'm sure these executives think we are all jealous because we don't have as much money as them, but the truth of the matter is that none of us would be able to sleep at night if we walked away with the type of money they all have...after failing as miserably as they all have.

I know it.

I wish I could swear on here, but I will just say; what a fussing joke. :upset: :upset:
15 years 2 months ago #14

It's about time someone put a stop to this mess.
15 years 2 months ago #15