Wall Street Banker Bonuses - An Outrage

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Wall Street Banker Bonuses - An Outrage

So that's where my $20 bill went when I lost it last week. :shocked:
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Wall Street Banker Bonuses - An Outrage

I think that the government should have been more scrupulous in facilitating the buyouts of some of these banks. The government inadvertently helped monopolize banks like Wells Fargo and Chase. Although I feel that it was better to help facilitate a sell off rather than let these banks fail, I think that preference should have been given to smaller banks.

The only banks that remain in my area after consolidations:

Southtrust--->Wachovia--->Wells Fargo
Amsouth--->Regions
Compass Bank--->BBVA Group
The Bank--->Superior Bank

Millions of dollars of wealth have left Birmingham, AL, due to all of these consolidations. I fear that in the end, consumers will feel the pain as less competition almost always means a decline in customer satisfaction and the overall quality of service vs. Price of service.

I am sure that others can see the same in their cities. Bye-bye WaMu free checking. Bye-bye Wachovia free checking.
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Wall Street Banker Bonuses - An Outrage

We, consumer, will never get what we want. Everything is about business nowadays, unfortunately.
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Wall Street Banker Bonuses - An Outrage

Why am I not surprised, higher ups in companies always operate on their own terms. The sad part is they are doing this with our taxpaying money, well if the government will allow them to squander our money, then why not disburse it evenly among taxpayers and allow us to do with it as we please. Most of us would make better use of it than any of them. I don't think they should give any of these banks or automakers another penny.:upset:
15 years 2 months ago #4
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher