Mortgage Broker Throws Consumer Credit Reports in Dumpster

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Mortgage Broker Throws Consumer Credit Reports in Dumpster

If it has a name and an address or more, we have to shred it, or we get fired. PERIOD.
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Mortgage Broker Throws Consumer Credit Reports in Dumpster

I have never had somebody give my app back. But then again, I don't apply for cards in the store anyway. :cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #2
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Replied by marylan73 on topic Re: Mortgage Broker Throws Consumer Credit Reports in Dumpster

You made a good point Meya. I have always trusted they would destroy or safeguard the information, but I'm going to start asking what they do with my app when they're done with it. The Disposal Rule technically doesn't apply to apps, so it's probably good to ask.
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Mortgage Broker Throws Consumer Credit Reports in Dumpster

:shocked: Well wait a minute, what do they do with the ones that happens to be approved by them? Throwing personal ID in the dumpster, that is hilarious. Now it makes me wonder about the apps that we apply for manually in dept stores. Some give them back to you and some don't.
:scared: :scared:
15 years 2 months ago #4
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher