Children's Health Insurance Program Expanded to Cover 11 Million

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Children's Health Insurance Program Expanded to Cover 11 Million

Thanks Mary, I will. I was currently looking into enrolling them with Blue Cross Blue Shield, because its cheaper than Kaiser Permenante, but both are still very expensive.
15 years 2 months ago #1
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Replied by marylan73 on topic Re: Children's Health Insurance Program Expanded to Cover 11 Million

charonh,

The new law extends a health care plan already in effect in every state. Check with your state right away if your kids are going without insurance. They call it SCHIP at the state level and you can find out if you're eligible by contacting the Medicaid office. Or Google SCHIP + your state, most websites I've seen tell you their income guidlelines.

Mary Lan Tomkins
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Children's Health Insurance Program Expanded to Cover 11 Million

I'm really starting to like President Obama; he seems like he's really for the middle and lower classes. This issue affects me directly, because my family falls within the category discussed in the article of the those who aren't flatbroke, but make too much to get medicaid. Private health coverage is a killer for two small children and myself. I hope this bill gets passed, because it would help me tremendously.:cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #3
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher