Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

You are all correct. As Mike Huckabee (gasp! He's conservative!) would say, "kicking the can down the road"

They are. Ford has the Escape Hybrid and the Fusion Hybrid is new for 2009. GM will have the Saturn VUE Hybrid, Tahoe Hybrid and for the ballers you've got the Escalade Hybrid. By 2010 Chevrolet Volt and Chryslers EV (electric vehicles) will hit the roads. Not even Toyota expected hybrids to be so popular and they have yet to turn a profit on the Prius.

I also want to point out that all car makers are having problems right now, no they aren't all asking for bailouts, but this is a serious time for everyone now.
15 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

No, that would eliminate plans for the 2011 Pontiac Trans Am concept that I have my eye on.
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

You are all correct. As Mike Huckabee (gasp! He's conservative!) would say, "kicking the can down the road".:worried:

I hope the automakers start investing in hybrid and green technology once and for all!!!:upset:
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

My problem with the whole deal is what makes them think that by March 2009 these automakers are going to be able to give definitive plans as to how they plan to turn things around and make a profit or else have to file for bankruptcy and pay back the loan? What's going to change so dramatically from now and March 09, income tax refunds, I don't think people will be using them to buy cars, instead, most will probably be using them to payoff existing debts? Also, how has Ford been able to weather the storm. maybe the other two need to look more closely at their business model? Further, some of the problem still resorts back to the banks, if the banks aren't willing to give loans to those few people that are willing to buy, then what. Am I missing something here? Aren't they just prolonging the inevitable?

Bush was initially not wanting to help the automakers, so the automakers are trying to wait until Obama takes office to ask for more.
15 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

I think the feds should of focused on US!!!!!!!!!
Give us a share to catch up on payments, pay off past debts and have extra spending power. Theres been so much money shelled out for thebanks but many are still left in the dark. A co-worker told me she received an email from a friend. It was a formula of how the money from teh first bail out could have given every tax-paying person in the U.S. a good amount of money.
15 years 4 months ago #5

I think GM and Daimler Chrysler saw this coming, they dug a very deep hole for themselves.
15 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

My problem with the whole deal is what makes them think that by March 2009 these automakers are going to be able to give definitive plans as to how they plan to turn things around and make a profit or else have to file for bankruptcy and pay back the loan? What's going to change so dramatically from now and March 09, income tax refunds, I don't think people will be using them to buy cars, instead, most will probably be using them to payoff existing debts? Also, how has Ford been able to weather the storm. maybe the other two need to look more closely at their business model? Further, some of the problem still resorts back to the banks, if the banks aren't willing to give loans to those few people that are willing to buy, then what. Am I missing something here? Aren't they just prolonging the inevitable? :scared:
15 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers

I agree, these auto makers can wait. They know what happens in business, sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down. I was just talking about this at work today about Ellis Brooks. They have been around since the stone age, nooooow they need to get bailed out or they go out of business:worried: Huuuuummmmm!
15 years 4 months ago #8

I think the government needs to focus on bailing out the banks first. They can lend money to automakers all they want but if the automakers aren't selling any cars, they're not making profit. If they're not making profit, how are they going to survive or even pay back their loans? If the banks start lending auto loans again, consumers will start to purchase cars which will create jobs at the production facilities and even jobs at the dealership.
15 years 4 months ago #9
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Emergency Loan Approved for U.S. Automakers was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 4 months ago #10