Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

RWMTD the scary thing is if these type of programs are brought back to life, i.e. WPA, CCC, TVA, will the union want in on this ? If they do get in will they be looking for union wages for everyone who participates. Remember back in the 30's people didn't care what they made because they were working and feeding there families using the aforementioned programs.
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

Okay guys, is it me or does Obama's ideas of putting people back to work by fixing the infrastructure of this country sound like the WPA and the Roosevelt Administration ? Not knocking it because its a good idea, but it sounds like the WPA and the CCC being reborn

I am no expert on the WPA nor the CCC but here is my story as it was told to me by my father who is now deceased]http://www.history.com/encyclopedia.do?articleId=226129[/URL] (WPA)

http://www.history.com/encyclopedia.do?articleId=205788 (CCC)
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

Okay guys, is it me or does Obama's ideas of putting people back to work by fixing the infrastructure of this country sound like the WPA and the Roosevelt Administration ? Not knocking it because its a good idea, but it sounds like the WPA and the CCC being reborn
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

Who wouldn't?
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

I just hope he gets some help to the automakers, and I wouldn't mind another stimulus check :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

Pretty nice article, like charon said, let's hope for the best. Also, watch his first interview tonight at 7pm PST. I think it is msn, seen it on the Raiders game commercial.
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

I new there was a reason I voted for him.:innocent: Let's hope Congress is receptive to his plans.
15 years 5 months ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy

That sounds great! :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #8
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Obama Urges Congress to Pass Plan to Help Economy was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 5 months ago #9