President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

Replied by Meya on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

:white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

It's really sad to hear about out soldiers dying in Iraq and not being able to come back home to their families. That is why we have to bring our troops back home.
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

Actions speak louder than words and Bush has proven that statement. He promised us many things but did the complete opposite.

Here is the link to the Lafayette, CA memorial I was talking about. Take a look at it before it leaves.
http://www.ktvu.com/video/17961246/index.html
15 years 5 months ago #3

:confused:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: emoticon removal
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

I'm so glad to hear from fellow Hillary supporters. We can't get a woman into the presidency or the vice presidency! That may be what's wrong!
15 years 5 months ago #5

Thanks KellBell, you have to view both sides before you make a judgment. I totally am feeling what you said Charon, I was a Hillary supporter also, she had all of my voting intension and I was hurt when she had to drop from the race. In the back of my head, I did have a guilty thought of her being in the white house "twice." But hey, come on, a woman president and someone who has knowledge about our country from her husband and herself, that was like double support for us. Everyone loved some Clinton(s) but it did not turn out to be that way.

Researching Obama is what made me come closer to him. The age difference was a major factor because I say that (with no offense or age discrimination) we need to hear point of views from someone that is younger because the older generation are still stuck in old laws and their own ways. Time changes, and that means people and the world does too. Babies are not born sleeping like they do, they come out staring, grinning, some have teeth, and some start smiling. They are what we call "Microwave babies!" :laugh:

Beside my joke, our economy does not function like it did 20 or 30 years ago, seems like now we are surviving from "Survival of the fittest!" Why? Because time has made change. Our kids are not like they used to be, something went wrong, can't blame it all on poor parenting, but if we look at what happened to their foundation such as schools, recreations, corruptions in the system (s)...etc, we can clearly see something is wrong here.

A newer generation do not focus on the way life used to be in the Roman's or Old school days because "Out of sight, Out of mind!" Let's see if we can throw out old strategies, which apparently did not work, and see what the younger generation have to offer. Hey, there is nothing wrong with giving someone like Obama a chance, there is only 2 things can happen, he can fail like all the rest or make a change for the best.

IMO, I believe that the US needs to become dependent on themselves instead of foreign countries. This is why outsourcing needs a wake up call, I don't think it is fair for businesses to conduct such a practice. I understand that they want to save or raise their capitol but what about the US citizens who are struggling to keep food on the table and keep their lights on? Look at our unemployment rate, look how high gas prices skyrocket, banks holding back from one another, over priced food(s), hard working individuals loosing their homes,...etc. I mean come on, give us a break. Where is our back up plan? We need a contingency plan and stop depending on the Plan A and Plan B strategy. We need something that goes from Plan A through Z, and some other plan to back that up. Other countries are reporting their all time highs and profits while we are over here looking "stuck-on-stupid" reporting our lows and deeper debts.

Something has to give here, what it is, I can't tell you, but I am looking for our president to not only try, but work hard to correct this. I am a democrat but I am willing to work hard with all parties to make this happen. Even if I have to take a cut, bring it, so our country can get back on track. I know it will take time, but as long as I am breathing air, I will have patience and wait.
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by charonh on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

I agree, there are much bigger issues going on than worrying about a streetside memorial, like finding employment, feeding your kids, college funding, etc. I must say that I wasn't feeling Obama initially, however after I start researching him and his platform, he slowly started winning me over. I feel that he is very smart, articulate, and handles himself well, much better than McCain, in my opinion. However, orginally I was a strong Hillary backer and her not making it was a tough pill for me to swallow. But I did and Obama has my complete support. I feel him along with VP/Biden are more than capable of handling the ever so complicated tasks before them and Americans need to be realistic, because no one is a miracle worker and nothing will happen over night.
15 years 5 months ago #7

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

I can't believe that residents are complaining about a streetside memorial. I think they need to get lives and start focusing on important issues. In fact, I can't believe that they have the nerve to complain about a memorial! Would they complain about a cemetery too doggone it!!

I also vote Meya for president! Meya, you are always viewing both sides of an issue.
15 years 5 months ago #8

I feel you, and I believe he will.:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: President-Elect Barack Obama's Plans for the Economy

I just hope Obama keeps his promises and does what said he would do.
15 years 5 months ago #10

Amen! Like I said, politics is the most crocked thing around besides the pharmaceutical industry and insurance. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #11

Actions speak louder than words and Bush has proven that statement. He promised us many things but did the complete opposite.
15 years 5 months ago #12

Yes Meya! People are friendlier than ever! Ever!

Even Sarah Palin blamed Bush for McCain losing the presidential election...and she is right!

This is exactly what I told my friends, the exact same thing, even during the early campaigns. Its a shame to where someone has to pay for the next person mistakes! I never heard of McCain nor Obama until the mid running terms. I do not keep up with politics as much because it is so corrupted. I never even liked to hear Bush speak, I just turn the channel.

Hey but you know what, I am not for sure if you all have heard of the memorial that sits on a busy highway in Lafayette, California, but each cross represent troops that were killed during this war. Well today they put the protesters on the news because people (the neighbors) are complaining more about the crosses because it now sits at over 4k and they said that it distracts drivers. I am actually for the memorial site and I can understand how the residents feel at the same time.............well what I am actually getting at is, the protesters said that they will agree to remove the crosses if Obama keeps his promise to remove the troops from Iraq.

When our troops do start to pull out, I am going to the memorial site and take pics myself because that is going to be a great part of history and a joyful/tearful time to remember. I am keeping records of this turnaround in my album for my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, great-great grandkids...etc. I started with my ballot receipts, "I Voted Today" sticker, the news paper clippings, and I am waiting for pics to show the transitions between presidents. It is going to be a wonderful site to see Bush walk out of the White House forever. I want to keep record of the change when it begins to happen.

http://bluele.blogspot.com/2006/12/impromptu-iraq-war-memorial-lafayette.html
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: image formatting incorrect
15 years 5 months ago #13

Yes Meya! People are friendlier than ever! Ever!

Even Sarah Palin blamed Bush for McCain losing the presidential election...and she is right!

For the record, Bush had a lot handed to him during his presidency and he was in over his head. He made bad decisions!

And like I stated before, my values lean toward the right, but Obama is an intelligent man and surrounds himself with intelligent people.

And Michelle Obama is tall!!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #14

I agree with you Meya. I can't wait to see better days. :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #15